Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 pick up seat ideas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkat269, Nov 4, 2012.

1. koolkat269

koolkat269

I am going to put a new seat(s) in my 34 truck and was just seeing what other HAMBers were doing. i it alot and looking for good support.

2. 117harv

117harv

3. koolkat269

koolkat269

Thank you for the link. I have a 34 bench in it now, I'm looking more an aftermarket seat that offers more support.

4. 117harv

117harv

Mini van rear seats seem to be the hot set up as of late, cheap, and seem to fit well in early coupes and trucks. There are a few threads here on them as well.

5. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

I'm just finishing up a 32 chopped 4 3/4 inches and decided to build my own seat out of 3/4 inch square steel tubing and plywood. I had never done anything like that before, and I'm pretty happy with the results. Problem is, as usual I did a crappy job of taking pictures during the build. I'll try to post a few that I did take. Well there are a few more on my I-phone, but I can't seem to up load them on my computer, tec challenged, too old. If you are interested, maybe I could figure out how to text them to you.

Attached Files:

6. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I have early Mustang seats in my chopped 34 p/u and they are the perfect size

Attached Files:

7. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

OK, think I have the upload deal figured out. The frame is made out of 1 inch square tube, and I used my chop saw to make cuts real close to each other on the inside of the bends all but the outside of the tube gets cut, about 10 cuts for a 90 degree. Then after forming to the desired bend, I'd weld up the cuts on the inside to strengthen it back up. Wasn't all that hard, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Sorry now for not keeping a better record during the fab. Did the webbing on the seat back as well, and used auto grade foam. First cut the foam with a razor knife, and did the final shaping with angle die grinder. Local guy did the cover for about $200.

Attached Files:

8. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Jump seat out of a Dodge Caravan. Perfect!

9. I used a seat out of a old datson pickup after having it covered and building a frame it seat and rides great will try to post picture later.

10. koolkat269

koolkat269

Thank you guys, I appreciate the input. Bert, I had been thinking about the mustang style buckets and love the way yours look. OldBill looks like you're doing a heck of a job on yours to.