Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 34 Ford Tudor chopped and channeled and full fendered

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by pasadenahotrod, Feb 8, 2017.

1. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Anyone in the Houston area remember this car? I cannot find the two or three pictures I had of this car so here goes with a word picture.
    A friend bought it in North Houston Shepherd Area in the late 70s. I've lost track of him over the years. It may still be in the Houston area.
    The car is a 34 Ford Tudor sedan which was chopped at least 4" and channeled at least 4" as well.
    The grille is shortened and has round bar horizontal bars which match the contours of the grille perimeter. The grille is very heavy and fully chromed. Radiator was shortened stock 34 with single hose fitting on upper and lower tanks.
    The hood is, I remember, fully operational with severely shortened side panels.
    The front fenders are sculptured and rebeaded to fit as original up to and under the shortened grille with factory clip.
    Runningboards are stock
    Rear fender are stock at front end but sculptured and rebeadedand taper down to the back edge of the body. They also have several louvers in them.
    The rear taillamps are 41-48 Chevrolet passenger car frenched into the back body panel with only the lenses showing flush with the sheetmetal.
    The roof is filled.
    The dash was a stock unit with filled holes and a single speedo, and gauges round unit in the middle.
    Bucket seats were in it likely from MG or Austin-Healey.
    Frame was bobbed front and rear. Front and rear axles were stock with hydraulic brakes and transmission was early Ford.
    There was no engine in it at that time.
    Several folks had dim memories of the car then and a couple were sure it was in the car show in The Sam Houston Coliseum at least a couple of years in the mid-late 50s.
    Would love to know who built it and if it still exists. It would be a really fabulous car.

2. Sounds like a really cool car!

Sorry, no help here but I am hoping someone has photos....

3. alchemy

alchemy

Sounds interesting. To the top for you.

4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Hope some photos show up - full fendered, channeled & chopped cars are so good looking ...

falcongeorge likes this.