Register now to get rid of these ads!

34' Dash..I.D...Help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Degreaser, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Degreaser

Degreaser

I figure who better to ask than you guys.

I got this dash from my buddies dad a few months ago for my 31'.
    I'm wondering based on the gauge in the middle if someone had an aux. fuel gauge or if someone added this one. Also, I'm guessing ashtray's were optional as well as the trim in the middle?

Hell, to be honest I can't even say for sure if it is a 34' or not.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. rustymetal

rustymetal

hard to see in your pic but if the gauge side on the dash doesn,t come out it a 34 .
    the dash is also a standard the gauge in the middle not suppose to be there.

3. Degreaser

Degreaser

I think I understand...you mean if the area where the guages are isn't removable it's a 34'. Cool. Thanks rustymetal

4. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Yep that's a '34. The entire panel comes out on a '33 and just leaves a hole there. I've never seen that guage where the ashtray should go on a stock '34 before. I have some real pretty stainless still engine turned pices that fit over the guage panel and glove door box that you can have if you want them. I had them made up by FPM and I used them for a mockup, but I won't be useing them. I'll send them to you if you can use them.

Doc.

5. Degreaser

Degreaser

wow. very cool doc. i will pm you an address. you looking for/need anything? I have some stuff lyin' around. Or at least pay for shipping?

6. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

I believe the hole in the middle was originally for the ashtray or an optional radio.

7. From what I can see, your dash is out of a 34 standard. The gauge in the center is out of a 35-36 passenger car. The deluxe 34 ford had an ash-tray, or a radio control head in the center, where yours has had the gauge installed. The standard 34 dash did not have a factory installed ashtray, it was just smooth in the center...Ed

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I don't need anything right now, thanks though. I'm working through the weekend so it may be monday before I can get them in the mail. I traced the patterns off of my '33 but I still think they will work just fine on a '34. I'll cover shipping don't worry about it. I'd just like to get them to someone who can use them.

Doc.

9. Degreaser

Degreaser

did some have that "waterfall" piece in the center also?

10. Degreaser

Degreaser

Man, you rock big time Doc. Will pm address.

11. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I agree with 34. If this dash had the optional ashtray it would probably also have a third small hole for the cigarette lighter too.
    There were two types of radios offered. One goes in the hole where the glove box is, and the controls are on it. The other option was for a remote head with a dial and knobs that fits in the ashtray hole. I have one of those on my car. They are tough to find in good shape.

Doc.

12. Degreaser

Degreaser

Not sure if you can see it below/between the first guage and the speedo, but is that the original ignition location?

13. Flatman

Flatman

The waterfall was on the '35-'36 dashes.

Flatman

14. That starter button, is not stock for a 34. The 34 starter switch was on the floor, between the brake and clutch pedal. The starter button, didn't go in the dash, until 37....Ed