Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '34 Coupe Survivor (ish)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nutrocker, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang, Thor1 and Stogy like this.
  2. 34Larry

34Larry

No bad criticism intended here at all, I really, (to use a term from my generation)' DIG this coupe a lot,
    if this were mine I'd move that roll bar inside, (mine is), and patch that hole in the roof.:):):):):):):):)

loudbang, Thor1 and lilmann like this.
  3. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Love the car but agree with 34 Larry on the roll bar. Your work is out standing!

loudbang, Thor1 and lilmann like this.
  4. Cymro

Cymro

Very interesting roll bar set up, How do you propose if at all to make it weatherproof? Wales is wet and windy.
    Love the look of this car and the fabulous workmanship.

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do like I do, if it rains don't go out, there are slicks too...maybe no wipers either...that's what Daily's are for, the shit days...I have faced these questions by numerous individuals and do explain it's a fairweather Hotrod...

The other thing is a boot of some form metal or Fabric/leather fitted around the bars and covering the open area...@nutrocker and @KFC have surely considered the practicality of a mixed race/street Hotrod...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    loudbang, Thor1 and brady1929 like this.
  6. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Unfortunately a sanctioning body got involved in pendine and roll bars are mandatory over 100mph and they have to meet certain requirements, x distance above and behind the drivers head, that’s where the roll bar lands.
    Personally I like it it’s appropriate to the build, to many modern 34’s end up all smoothed out and manicured. Plus it might get chromed!
    It’s also all removable and will have a fill in for the roof when not in use.

there is a scoop under development for when I don’t want the water down the back of my neck!

E2076966-5A28-4E5C-9CBE-3999A06399C7.jpeg
    Inspiration ;)
    657D2F41-E8C2-4792-A53C-569D51F85A73.jpeg

7. nutrocker

nutrocker

Like Rik (KFC) has said, it’s down to the rules. If we want to run the car at Pendine Sands, and who wouldn’t want to do that?, then it has to have a roll bar that fits within the rules. Those rules state that a roll bar has to be a minimum of 3” above the drivers head with a crash helmet on. The car has a heavy channel, heavy chop and a large motor set back in the frame. Add to that a driver of 6’, the options are very limited to build something that’s fits the style of the car.

Hotrods are all about individual taste and making something work better than it was. Form and function. I think this car has both, and keeping the essence of the original build. It’s been a tough ask over the build, and some compromises have been made, but never for an unnecessary reason.
    It takes balls to do something like this and I think it looks tough as fuck.

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Grrrrrrr!!!! just Grrrrreat Stuff...Stunner of a Hotrod indeed...Start it up and drown out the noise!! I like those patches around the bar on that Chevy Coupe...looks like an aircraft mechanic had at it... @nutrocker that cover is Pretty unique as well...does it double as a vent and also allow the upper bar to remain attached?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    brady1929, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  9. sweet!

loudbang and Stogy like this.