Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 chevy 5 window master or standard help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrodnut, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

Second thread but never got my question answered. I dont know if my body is a standard or master. I have no front sheet metal or a frame . My question is can i make it accept standard sheet metal cause dont like the long look by using a standard frame? Is the cowel different on standard and master? My cars dash has instruments in front ov driver and glove box on right. But dash was off of car so could have been from dif car. Thanks for any help.

2. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

My buddy is building a 34 master, I think he said the wheel base is 113 inches, if I remeber correctly the car is like 6 inches longer, not sure if its all in the cab or bothe cab and front sheetmetal. Ill try to find out tomorro

3. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

Ok thanks 54 chevy.

4. primed34

primed34

If it's a five window then it's a Master. You can use standard back fenders, but they don't quite fit the rear apron, but only early Chevy guys will notice. You can use standard front fenders. Just set up your frame for the shorter Standard wheel base of about 108 inches. You'll have to shorten your running boards. Since you are starting with a bare body, you can make it what you want.

5. primed34

primed34

You will have to cheat on the hood also. Just run a hood top.

6. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

Cool what i been waiting for primed 34 souns good. Any frame advice? Trying to find 34 standard frame but nothing yet. Anything close work? How bout 33 pont guy not to far from me has one aint seen it yet shorten it? Thanks

7. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Good info primed34, question tho, Did they make only 5windows in masters that year? My buddies is a 3wndw master.