Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 338ci Y-Block Wrapped Up in '30 Model A Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Yeah, I enjoy showing people how things work although I have had guys that stand in a little too close and get in the way. :rolleyes:

2. Mebbe mention the guy and shop so's other folk can give him business?

3. Good idea! RayHill Brake & Wheel :D

[​IMG]

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

When you take your tires off don't forget to make the wheel and drum. You will have a 1 and 5 shot on getting back the way it was. The drums are never perfect.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Thank you, this has been noted. ;)

6. Back in High School (early 90s) I worked with a guy who had one of those balancing machines in his shop. One of his workers would use it periodically to balance tires on big trucks. He tried to teach me but I just didn't have the "feel". The adjustments were pretty sensitive on that machine. Makes we wonder what happened to all of that equipment when he shut down the tire store. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get your tires balanced!

7. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

By far and away the meanest sounding sedan I've heard this side of a drag strip!

Also, I'll double down on RayHill's. Had an alignment job on an off-topic custom years ago that other shops said couldn't be done properly, but RayHill's didn't bat an eye, and it was perfect.

The Kustom Falcon Build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734282

8. 4rod

4rod

Nice tim,
    What a rad result. Luv the builds youve done

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Hey guys! I'm looking for the trim strip that goes around the cowl. Polished up the one I have but it has a few dings in it and I would like to find a "nice" one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Vintique sell a good repro, I think speedway have them

11. Thanks! I'll look there. I tried Mac's and Lebaron Bonney and didn't see anything. Just their catalogs, didn't call. :rolleyes:

12. 569104

Tim,

Just spent the last few hours catching up on your build. It has been said many times here but I'll say it again. That is one Bitchin ride!!! Makes me want that 338ci now. I'll have to wait a little while...been spending too much $$$ on the Starliner.

Greg

13. No problem! You keep going on that Starliner. One of the best looking cars I've seen! Maybe Todd will get some inspiration from it. ;):D

[​IMG]

14. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Your A turned out great.
    Y-block question for you, what distributor do you recommend for a very healthy, multi-carbed yblock. Thanks

15. The key word being MULTI, right Tim? :)

16. Hell yes! It's an ongoing debate whether the Starliner or the Shoebox gets an engine swap next!

17. I like a good (not worn out) stock one with the roller breaker plate. Petronix triggering a CDI box. No VooDoo to it, just needs to be in good shape. A quality coil is a must too.

18. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Car looks great! If you don't mind me asking how tall are your rear tires?

19. 29"

20. Took a nice little road trip to Bakersfield today, met Bryan (crminal) at Dennys for lunch and a seat exchange. Car ran great and road nice too, 180 miles round trip taking the back way on SR 65 and even had a stop in Terra Bella to see my cousin and shoot a little video. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Tim McMaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Tim McMaster

[​IMG]

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JGqpI3NfrtY" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  21. EBW

EBW

Great job on the video ! Hwy 65 is a nice change of pace vs the 99.

22. Nice meetup today and thanks for the cheeseburger! Man, great vid for sure, but I gotta tell you guys there is nothing like hearing her in person:eek::D:D:D

Hopefully the back of the seat stayed on when you laid into it :D

23. A Rodder

A Rodder

Tim, I had good luck with the one Sac Vintage Ford sells in regards to the cowl band.
    They show some clips that they say go with it but I sure as hell wasn't seeing where they went.
    I posted about it in my Tudor thread. But it fit pretty good, and was packaged really well.

On a different note, is the frame under your Tudor stretched 3 inches like they did on the Boling Bros. little green Y powered pickup?

24. I'll check into the cowl band, thanks. And "Yes" it's the same basic frame and Derrek's pickup.

25. 65COMET

65COMET

Tim;your Sedan is so KOOL!!!! If those pictures had been black and white you would think it was the 50s over again!!!!Your A-Bone Sedan is just too damned bitchin!!!! ROY.

26. Lancer

Lancer

Circa 1936

Attached Files:

27. Thank you! Looks like Lance did just that. ;):D

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

what a beautiful stretch of road...

29. 63Compact

63Compact

Ive got a repo Vintique on my Coupe it needs a little tweaking to get get the curve right across the cowl, helps if you have 2 sets of hands. Great job on the Tudor by the way.

30. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UkxWz1AmBHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>