Register now to get rid of these ads!

33-35 chevy coupes out there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by screwball, Dec 7, 2006.

1. screwball

screwball

I have a 34 master 5 window body lookin for ideas at this time Im going to run a 250 six 4 speed. The body will be chaneled but not chopped. Lookin for any chev 5 window pics.

2. 55chevy

55chevy

3. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

My old 34 Master. I know its not quite what you are looking for though.

[​IMG]

BR

4. speedway

speedway
    from wichita ks

look at cole foster's web site

5. screwball

screwball

are there any good sites for chevys my body has no wood in it and Im lookin for the stock measurments and also a set of rockers that go under the doors.

6. 55chevy

55chevy

Yup I asked if there was tech on replacing the rotted wood with new wood or metal????

7. roddinron

roddinron

Here's my buddies 33.

Attached Files:

8. I have a 34 Standard 2D Sedan I'm choping. Been off the project for about 6 months but plan to get back on it Full time right after the first of the year. I've done away with 100% of the wood. I built a steel skeliton that is very close to the origional wood out of thin wall rectangle tubing. This was no small job and a very difficult challange to say the least. That's why I had to get off it for a while. Once I get everything laid out in the shop again I'll post some photos of it.
    I still need a pair of Steel front fenders, Got anything laying around?
    The Wizzard

9. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

Lots of pictures of my '33 5 window master on my site.
    ROUSECUSTOMFABRICATION.COM
    Mike...

10. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

Not a coupe but wtf.......

Attached Files:

11. screwball

screwball

I have a set of fenders they are a little rough but are fixable but my car is a master.

12. screwball

screwball

thats all the chevs out there?

13. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

There's a new magazine special done by the staff of STREET RODDER magazine on the shelves now dedicated to building a 34-35 Chevy. It follows the build-up of their all-aftermarket Road Tour Chevy coupe, but also has a few other feature Chevys and articles relavant to those cars.

They also have a much more in-depth book available for about twenty bucks that covers the build-up of their Chevy coupe in great detail. You can order it directly from them.

If you can't find a copy of the newstand magazine version near you, let me know and I'll mail you one. Inside the magazine edition is an ad for the full length book if you wish to pick that up also.

14. screwball

screwball

Yeah I saw that mag but its a little 1 800 for me if you know what I mean.

15. screwball

screwball

I just found out from another thread that my chev is now a deuce?

16. 8flat

8flat

Holy shit there are other Chevy coupes out there? :D

I have a '33, belonged to my great-grandpa, found it out at his homestead site last year. Here are some pice. I have a bunch of pics showing good examples of other coupes, I gathered them to help decide how much to take out of my roof.

I also found a wood shop that makes wood kits, but chopping the roof messes with his mind...haha. I'm just going to replace it with steel tubing....eliminate the termite problem:eek:

Gary

Attached Files:

17. racer756

racer756

here is my 33 before it went to Gambinos for a "re-do"

Attached Files:

18. 8flat

8flat

Here are a few pics I've found...pm me with your email address if you want more.

Hey Don, how many inches did you decide to take out of your roof?

Gary

Attached Files:

19. racer756

racer756

Hey Gary, hope all is well. I decided to leave the roof for now. Im putting a new chassis and re doing some(all) of the car. Making it have a late 50-early 60's drag/Hot Rod thing with it. It'll get the chop ...someday

20. Magnus B

Magnus B

This is my favourite. In the front quarter angle it's just awesome. But of course I would probably build it without the VW front suspension and regular wheelbase :p

But I'm keeping my eyes open for a Chevy coupe body so I can build something similar.

//Magnus

Attached Files:

21. FeO2

FeO2

Perhaps something like this?

Attached Files:

22. FeO2

FeO2

Or this

Attached Files:

23. screwball

screwball

post all the pics you can after all if this was a ford post it would be well over 20 pages by now.

24. 8flat

8flat

Here's some more, some of my pics are too big to post so I'd have to convert them.

The wheelstander belongs to Cyclopsblown34, it's a sweet car. He converted from parallel leafs to a ford style, that's what I want to do.

Attached Files:

25. Here is a pic of my 35 chev master sport coupe

Attached Files:

26. 8flat

8flat

OK, here's a question I've had for a while. It seems the there are 2 styles of '35 Chevy coupes? One style I've found examples of are the same as the 33 or 34, and the other style is much newer like FE02's coupe. What's the deal, a midyear bodystyle change?

27. Assdragger

Assdragger

In 35 your standard looked like a 34 and the master was your fat fendered car.

The wheelstander that belongs to Cyclopsblown34 used to belong to Ed Nelson and was billed as "the Worlds Wildest 34 Chevy", it put on quite a show and used to run side by side with "Dawsons Demon" 34 Ford at Wentsville Mo.

The picture of the wheelstand came from Wentsville before Ed made a fiberglass copy of the body and went promod. The promod version was wrecked at Indy not too long after it was built, Ed built it back but it hasent seen a whole lot of action since then.I would love to see the old version back at the track...it was pretty hairy!!

28. My 33 is just Like Mike Rouse's. Here is the story..... for those of you who like stories. For ya 'all who don't, remember; everything on this blog needed to be said, you just might not be on the list of people that needed to read it.
    Anyway, I was fix'n wrecks for a flat rate liv'n in Lansing as a kid (20 years old) back in '81 and moonlighting bodywork at a friend's trim shop on the way home. He was quite the old tin broker and a pretty good trimmer. He had this 33 Chevy "Eagle" 5 window body, doors, hood, full grille, decklid, and frame sitting around in his warehouse. I got it home for $600 after cashing in a life ins. policy. Mom is still annoyed about that. Oh Well...
    Its a little surfacy, but no holes - except the deckllid. I found 1 NOS quality front fender and another good one. (it will be a highboy now)
    FF to 2006.... I just retrieved it out of my parent's barn - had to sell the farm. It is now in my shop at home continuing to wait for me. (I'm busy, kids 'n all) but really serious about a traditional hot rod now. Here is what it will be:
    '61 235 out of my Brookwood, milled with 3 side drafts and organstyle angle cut stacks, six stacked zoomies with baffles top to bottom along side the cowl. No hood, chopped 3"? (already channeled) car has no wood & won't get any. IROC Z BW 5 speed and a Mopar 8 3/4". Might paint it, might not. If I do It will probably be Military O.D. as a tribute to my Dad. He was in WWII as a waist gunner in a B-24. He was the artist that painted their nose art, which I will put on the car.
    Lots of inspiration from a 3 window in recent Hot Rod & Kustom Kulture Mag (that bit'chn red caddy on the cover)
    I will post pics when I can get to them - hopfully next week.
    It will be low, but not stupid low (I know - lots of personal opinions there - don't want to start a war).... Stance will be rule of the day.
    not just low for the sake of being low.

See ya' all in the basement of Autorama at the "patina" display...

29. 8flat

8flat

That is great.... can you post some pics of the car? I was a former body man, and worked in a chop shop for a while...those were the days. I'm with you on the plans for your coupe, I'm leaning the same way. I have a bunch of examples of different chops on these coupes if you want, they help a lot if you're trying to decide on how many inches to remove. PM me your email address and I can send them, some are too big to post.

Are you going to convert to a ford-style front suspension? I really don't like the parallel leafs on my front end, so I'm switching. Hell, just to throw a finger in the air to all the people that put a chevy engine in a ford car......I might just put my spare flathead in my coupe....hahahaha.....:D:eek:

Gary

30. 8flat

8flat

Ahhh....that makes sense. Is the '35 master the same as a '36? I know where there is a '35 master for sale, rough shape but fixable.

I'd love to see videos of Cyclopsblown34 running the 1/4...anybody have one?