Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 & 34 Ford guys...let's talk window sweeps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Hupmobile, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. What have you used for window sweeps? You know the rubber squeegee-like stuff at the bottoms, inside and out, of the windows. They might also be known as dew wipes or felts.
  2. Uptown83
    Joined: Apr 23, 2007
    Posts: 707


    I bought repop of the original rubber.
  3. Where? I can't find a listing anywhere.
  4. alchemy
    Joined: Sep 27, 2002
    Posts: 14,382


    All Ford had originally on the horizontal was a small little bumper to keep the glass from cracking when you slam the door. No sweep.

    Most guys use the U channel for the top and vertical sides, and buy a strip of matching one-sided fuzzies for the bottom. Probably best to measure your width of the channel in the top of the door, and buy it from your local glass shop (they will probably have to order it). Comes in different thicknesses.

    I think all the original repro fuzzy kits seem like a lot of extra work and cost, for less results.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

  5. toolmaker
    Joined: Feb 12, 2007
    Posts: 12

    from Holland,Mi

    Try Hagens Street Rod Parts. They have them.
  6. Dennis Carpenter has a complete kit for the 33-34 body style you have. Just purchase a door kit for the 3 window I am building.:)

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.