Register now to get rid of these ads!

33-34 Ford Brake Pedal Location

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Desert1957, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Desert1957

Desert1957
    from Pa/Md

Hi all,

I am in the process of locating my master cylinder setup. Having issues with interference with the lower part of the steering column. Could you guys post some pics of your floors to give me some new ideas?

I have even seen some cars at shows withe the pedal too the left of the steering?

Thanks Desert

2. flip

flip

Car is in storage for winter so no pics. But it has after market assembly built for 33-34 and it mounts to the right of the column. Not a lot of room down there. If on left, I would worry about interference with my foot when going from gas pedal to brake. Mine works well for me, just my thoughts.

3. Here are some pics of my Coupe
    You will see the actual pedals have a large step to the left, we had to do this for the steering and as the car is channeled i wanted to create as much space as possible for my size 11 feet!

[​IMG]

Where they sit in relation to the column
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is before the pedals were stepped (Standard Pete & Jakes pedal kit)
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps

4. Here's my set up. Notice the wedge shaped piece between the frame rail and the ( 41' Ford ) master cylinder/ pedal bracket to get the correct angle. I had to bend the brake pedal to clear the back of the block but that was all. I'm also using 52' F 1 steering. You never said what type steering you are useing. Stick or auto trans?

5. Oop's no pic's. I'll try again

6. OK, here's the pic's

Attached Files: