Register now to get rid of these ads!

324 Olds block hugger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nochop, Jun 12, 2013.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Anybody use block hugger headers for a 324 Olds from Noxious Customs? I want to know if they will fit under the hood in a '32 Ford. Thanks kids, NoChop

2. Are you talking about the ones they were also selling on ebay?
    While I'm not sure on the '32 question, just be aware, that you can't use the stock oil filter location with it.

3. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Yup I saw that , I want to run a hood on my coupe. Just wondering if anybody has used these or seen any on a 32 with a hood be for I pull the trigger

4. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Going once.....

5. I've got SaltFlatMatt (http://www.lakeheaders.com) custom building me a set to fit between the rails of a '34 frame. I know there are one or two other guys interested in them, and Matt will be keeping the jig once mine are done.

Should hopefully have pictures of them by the end of the month...

6. AJ, I might be interested in a set of those too. Depending on oil filter and starter clearance.

7. Hey Martin. I had a bunch of talks with Matt on these. I basically wanted to simulate the drivers side stock manifold in the the way that it collects from the middle and rear port and dumps straight down between the middle and front port. Both sides should be the same.
    On my Olds, I have a starter changeover, so the oil filter will be going on the firewall. However, they still have to clear the starter on the passenger side, so they should clear the starter and oil filter in stock location with no problem based on design.

Once I get them (hopefully early July), I can slap them on and give you some exact clearance measurements with regards to starter and oil filter.

8. That would be great, AJ!
    And maybe send me a PM with pricing... or better not ;)

9. haha, I don't even have a final price yet. Ballpark, but as this is the first set, custom made for me, I expect it to be a bit more...

10. I made my own headers for my 371" Olds in my 34' coupe. Got a kit from Tubular Automotive in Rockland, Mass. 781 878 9875.

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Thanks keep me in the loop as well, cheers , nc

12. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I'm lacking in the talent dept.

13. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Friday afternoon Bump

14. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Sounds like they might work in the stock chassis. What do you think? Looking for a set for our '55 is why I'm asking.

Kevin

15. They should... I know Matt took the measurements off a stock motor and they'll hug fairly tight to the block.
    However, as I said, I don't have them yet, so it's hard to really answer any questions until I can fit them.

Posted from the open road.

16. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

monday morn bumpty bump

17. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

any interest?

18. Following up on this. I'm just waiting on my manifolds to get here from Gear Drive. I stole the following pictures off of Matt's Instagram account, but I'll post more once I get them mounted up. They should work really nice.

First picture is of the drivers side manifold, tacked together.

Second picture is of the drivers and passenger side together, and a happy Matt since I'll quit calling him now. haha

Attached Files:

19. magooz

magooz

Hey guys,
    We just put a '57 Olds J-2 371" with #16 heads in our '50 Olds Coupe. We're looking for a set of tube headers that will fit the car. Not race car type with a collectors. Just a set with 1-7/8 or 2" primaries with 2-1/4+/- outlets. Anybody know where we can get em or have a set made? Thanks MAGOO / Seattle, Wa.
    E-mail= [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  20. See my post right above you. Matt at Gear Drive Headers can hook you up with what you need.

21. magooz

magooz

Thanks Speedy Canuck