Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 VIN location, works for later Fords too

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Rails, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

I was looking through some old pictures, and found this one.

It's where you find a serial number on a 32 frame. It works for most other cars, too. Often there was a serial number stamped on the bell housing. More often, this number was either wrong or nonexistant.

I know it's real basic, but it could help someone. Especially when it comes to registering your car.

Attached Files:

2. wish someone had the same pics on model a rails!

3. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

That looks to be about the same place as on my 34 truck.

4. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The chasis that was under my 32 (that was Z'ed and had the fourty brakes, dropped axle, etc. and had been under it since at least 50's) did not have any numbers on it in that area or anyplace else for that matter.

5. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

Hey Deuce,
    So what do the numbers mean? is there a certain web site where we can decipher the VIN #s? For example like to verify if my roadster frame is either a '33 or '34?

Does the fist pic show the area just below the feet of the fire wall or am I mistaken? Is thesecond pic showing the area beind the rear cross member?

6. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

oh crap I must have gotten too exited and got the pics mixed up just read my questions vice-versa [​IMG]

7. And it better have a star in front and behind dthe number of DMV may not honor it. The DMV is pretty savvy in my state and they will not accept any ford VIN without the factory ford stars...just sayin

8. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

I found my serial number on the top surface of the frame rail,drivers side ,just forward of the kick up.
    For what it's worth.

9. My 34 frame had the number stamped in 3 places...top of rail adjecent to the steering gear box, top of kickup on the drivers side and top of the rail, just about under the driver's door jamb.

10. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

11. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

The first pic is a close-up top view, the second pic is the side view. Both are pics of the driver's side frame rail. You can see the original pitman arm in the second picture for reference.

12. atch

atch

clarence's vin is stamped into the top of the passenger side frame rail beside the engine.

the '39 buick i had had the numbers in exactly the same place, too.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think my original model t frame ('26-7) has the numbers on the top of the driver's side frame rail beside the engine. i'll have to look tonight.

if everyone would chime in telling where the vin is stamped on vehicles you know of this could be a very keepable (tm) thread.

13. just steve

just steve
    Member Emeritus

My '32's frame has the VIN stamped on the top of the driver's side frame rail in 3 places -- right next to the firewall "feet" as shown, just ahead of the rear axle, and about in the middle of the door.

If the one at the front is gone/illegible, try looking further back, too.

later,
    Steve.