Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Hiboy- "My 32 Spitfire"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Damn COOL Man!

Nick.

2. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

I think that I am going and stay with my original plan to have the battery installed in an amo box better than sitting behind the driver's seat.

Thanks for the inspiration you have given all of us with your project 32 Spitfire. People like you are the one that keep this hobby going for the new guys around the block for sure.

Frenchy

3. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

As usual attention to detail just keeps making your fine example of a ride all the more outstanding. You set a standard of excellence for everybody to shoot for.

4. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

First and foremost, congratulations on this masterpiece that you have put together and a credit to you for completing it with respect and love.

I believe that's what it's all about!!!

I've followed the build closely and really admire the perfectionism and period correctness you have portrayed into it.

Once again, a credit to yourself for building something that is sentimental to a lot of us here on the H.A.M.B.

Well done!!!

HC.

5. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Forgot to add this.......

Attached Files:

6. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Part #47 "New Rod Top"

We just installed a new tan top by "Rod Top" DTS Enterprises. It is very well made and all the rear snaps are hidden underneath the rear metal bar. I ordered it with a removable rear glass window and the side curtain windows.

I want to thank Chad at DTS for all his help. Chad can be reached at 231.599.3123

www.rodtops.com

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Winston Churchill

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Nice top Man, suits the Roadster a treat!

Nick.

8. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Here is another view.

The top can be easily removed by removing the two stainless bolts up front at the windshield posts and pulling the two pins at the side by the doors. This allows you to remove the top and set it aside. This can be done in just seconds. If you want to fold the top up and take it along that would require unsnapping the top at the back and taking the frame apart. This would take about five minutes, not hard to do at all. It's a very well designed and made top.

Happy Weekend!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

9. KCsledz

KCsledz

love the whole project but especially lovin the seat with out the back pad. The shiny metal and old manufacturer tag fives me goosebumps.

10. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

KCsledz,

These photos are for you!

Everytime a box from the "Rivet Master" Frank Wallic arrives I get the lizards (goosebumbs) too!!

Please Remember Those (and their familes) Who Paid The Ultimate Sacrifice On This Day.

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, The WHOLE package is GREAT!

Nick.

12. MCM

MCM

It's so easy for a "themed" car to get really cheesy, really fast, but this is absolutely a top-notch piece of work. One of my favorite cars on here...

13. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Fill her up with "Flying-A"

Thanks MCM & 60'shotrod for the very nice compliments.

Have a great weekend!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

14. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Great car,stunning work throughout.
    My favourite part?Those yellow tipped fan blades!:DLove 'em!

15. customlacy

customlacy

This car is amazing. I'm happy to have been involved with it, even in a small way. The combination of genuine creativity, with the taste and cohesiveness of the entire build... truly impressive.

16. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Warming up the "32 Spitfire" for a fall mission!

The days are getting shorter and cooler but the leaves turning with color so we warmed up the "32 Spitfire" for a nice fall afternoon cruise. It was in the high 50's but not too bad with a warm jacket even without the side curtains.

Lacy, Thanks to you and the Coker Tire crew. The correct rims and tires are very important and you made everything easy! www.cokertire.com

Thanks Mark!!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Sure did look like the PERFECT day for just goin' for a drive!

Nick.

18. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

grate job i like the milatery theam down to the ammo boxs..

19. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Mission: "Autumn Leaves"

We took the 32 Spitfire on very relaxing drive through the rolling hills in Holmes and Tuscarawas county. One of the stops was in the tiny village of New Bedford by the ole town water tank. You can even see the village alarm bell on top!

I also wanted to see how the 32 Spitfire would run with a couple of 180 degree thermostats that I permanently bolted in to the tops of the Offenhauser heads with two small stainless allen bolts in each one. I had originally just placed them on top of the heads and they ended up in the hoses sideways and the motor was not going over 140 on cool days. Now it runs right at 190-195 and seems to even run better.

Happy Fall!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

20. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, GREAT picture Man, I envy you that drive through the chill Autumn/Fall air!

Nick.

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Spitfire: Seems like yesterday that you picked the project up at my shop. Glad to see the motor is running good, and everything is working. It makes a guy like me feel good when someone like you finishs a car I started like you did.

22. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I wanted to take a moment and thank the "Street Rodder" crew for the fine article in the most recent edition (Jan. 2010 Vol.39, No. 1) on my "32 Spitfire"! A really nice article on the car from Tim Bernsau and great photos taken by Eric Geiset.

This outstanding issue also features "Nose Art for Roadsters" again by Tim Bernsau. The article shows Frank Wallic's daughter Christy Wallic hand painting the "Memphis Belle" on her dads new roadster...stay tuned!!

You can find "Street Rodder" magazine almost anywhere fine magazines are sold.

Thanks again!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

23. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Perfecto................................Rich

24. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Congrats on the article,well deserved.

25. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, I'm gonna HAVE to buy that issue of Street Rodder, WELL done my friend!

Nick.

26. 41 Dave

41 Dave

32 Spitfire, Really neat article. Now if Street Rodder could do all it's features on traditional - Real Hot Rods ! They did a great job on your car. looks Great !

41 Dave

27. I got that Issue a couple of days ago. The 32 really looks great.
    A big tip of the leather flying flying helmet.

28. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Hard work and preservation pay off at last. Kudos to you and your car.

29. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Wishing everyone here a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I also want to thank the HAMB site and many of you who actually helped on this car without even knowing it. Many times Doug and I would say let's check it out on the HAMB site. A wealth of solid information and help at your fingertips!

Thanks & Merry Christmas!
    32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

30. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

Did you write the article and pictures for the magazine or did they come out and did it for you. Nice article for sure

Thanks
    Frenchy