Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 fuel tank on 28-31 frame ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desotot, Aug 15, 2017.

1. desotot

desotot

So I think I need to do this to my 31 tudor. I am looking for feedback. What have you guys done? Did you buy a kit or did you just buy a tank and fab your own stuff to make it happen? Also did you use the larger tank or the original size tank ? Maybe some pics would be nice. Thanks Jack

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Dragel's sells a kit to mount the tank on A frames. IMHO, they look good with fenders, no so much without.

desotot likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kit? No we don't need no stinkin kit on this forum. Actually I can be of no assistance other than giving you grief and adding that I put a '32 tank in my '34 high boy roadster just because it looks better than the '34 tank. I built the brackets, formed them to match the tank, notched it around the QC, relocated the filler neck and most people don't even notice the addition...which is a compliment in my book.

Ill be interested in seeing the other's contributions. Hope it easier than what I went through.

desotot likes this.
  4. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

The OP specifically asking if there was a kit.

desotot and Just Gary like this.

5. Pre 'kit' days, I made it out of rectangular tubing and parallel to the frame. About 15 years ago.

DSCN2025.JPG my sedan with fenders 3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    bct likes this.
  6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

desotot and Dino 64 like this.
  7. dylan60

dylan60
    from ny

I think that back of a sedan looks funny with the tank popping out at the bottom. With that being said I don't know where I would run it to keep back seat usable.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

desotot likes this.
  8. desotot

desotot

I have a usable back seat (for small kids) but I don't want the fuel tank inside the car, plus it gravity feeds the carb 24/7 so I put a manual shut off in the fuel line which I would like to loose. I don't really need the kit but I was looking for input before I start spending. I will have to buy a tank though.Apparently there are 2 sizes , so I will have to see if I can get the larger one. I think they are about 17 U.S. gallons.