Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 ford subrails????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acey_Deucey, Aug 23, 2008.

1. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Im sure this has probably been addressed before guys but do all the 32 ford passenger car subrails interchange? I might have the chance to get fordor subrails for my 5w that needs them desperately??? Im also at a loss as far as finding a drivers side b pillar!
    Dan

2. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

nobody???? come on i know somebody knows!

3. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I don't know about four door sub rails but I used roadster sub rails in my five window. The only modification needed was at the rocker panels. Roadster and five window are very different in that area. I suspect four door rails are their own breed altogether.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back when I had my '32 Vicky project I found out all the subrails differ.

5. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Not sure about a 4-door but I do know a lot of Brookville roadster subrails have been used to fix 5 windows.
    After using their subrails to repair my 3 window. I would strongly recommend them. Very well built!

Attached Files:

6. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Thanks guys. The only reason im trying to keep away from the brookville rails is i can get the fordor set for somewhere around 200 and the repops are 900. big price difference! im thinking if worse come to worse i can sell them again.

7. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

irondoctor, looks like a nice setup youve got goin there. nice and clean lookin. is anybody 100 percent sure that i cannot mazke the fordor subs work?

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I don't see any reason they wouldn't fit with some modification in the rear door area.

9. I'm pretty sure the front half of Fordor subrails will work since the Fordor and 5W are almost identical. The doors interchange with slight modification. Even Tudor subrails will work with modification. My friend Gene Jobgen at A & A Restoration in Rapid City, SD did it with a set of Tudor subrails on a channelled 5W I traded to him a few years back. It turned out pretty good and I wished I would have hung onto that body after seeing it done.

10. TimDavis

TimDavis

I am in need of some Tudor Subrails - from the B-pillar foward...

11. a recent streetrodder just showed the rolling bones crew using roadster subrails on a 5 window. worth a shot i can not remeber what issue but it was withint he last year

12. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

If you have the time and ability to modify them, plus the fordor subrails and rockers are in great condition, then by all means use the fordor subrails. If any of these do NOT apply, get brookville.

If you use the fordor subrails, you will have to narrow the rear kickup as it is wider in sedans, plus the rear quarter panel area will need some work.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  13. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

thanks guys. Im going to give these rails a shot. like i said worst case senario i resell them and start saving for brookville. i already have a guy that wants these anyway if all else fails. Now i need to find that damn drivers side b pillar!!!!

14. Terrence

Terrence

I just got my brookville roadster subrails today. (for my 5 window) I thought they were expensive but now I see them I think the are well worth the money. They are pretty complex pieces. They will make it a much nicer car when done.