Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford sedan delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Weasel

Weasel

This is as definitive as I can find on actual production figures from Tony Thacker's 'The Deuce':

Sedan delivery B-410

Total 406 units of which:

Domestic U.S. V8 58 units, Model B 4 cyl 342 units.
    Canada Model B 4 cyl - 3 units
    Mexico Model B 4 cyl - 3 units

Weight 2592 lbs V8, 2462 lbs. Model B 4 cyl. Weight body only 798 lbs.

The first unit was built in October 1932 and the final unit in January 1933. US production was at Cincinnati, Norfolk and Memphis.

So there you have it.

moefuzz likes this.
  2. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Stllrng, Good observation! You can also see the X member in the chassis. That was first put in the '33 models.

3. My bad ... I didn't even bother scrolling down past the first pic ... but should have noticed the firewall.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Dick Spadaro has one. I seen it at the 32 Dearborn deuce reunion.

5. sled

sled

According to the correct infos above there are 3 sedan deliverys 32 sent to Mexico...still have a good chance to find one of those!!!!
    Will be cool....ok,keep my eyes open then...wish me luck!! Sled

6. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

???

Attached Files:

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

The knowledge here is amazing. I had to make a delivery out of a chevy coach...ghost

8. sled

sled

ProEnfo,WOW..looks like the perfect barn fine here..what's the story???
    can you tell us something about ???

9. Ghost28

Ghost28

I've got a question. When did they change from flush mounted side panels to the inset style like on the 32????

10. Weasel

Weasel

1940 for Ford Sedan Deliveries - but they changed to flush mount side panels from inset style.

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

O.K. Thanks... But did the model a have flush mount side panels on the deliverys? Could of swore I saw a few with flush mount panels. Or were they home grown? ghost

12. alchemy

alchemy

Model A's has a semi-flush side panel. It had one bead, but not a deep one like the window glass had.

Then 32's were real deep. Then 33/4 had a shallower side again. Then 35 through 39 had even shallower, and a 40 was totally smooth.

13. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I seen one of them there cars in a three stooges episode once...........woo woo woo woo woo.....................I'll murderlize you!!!!!!

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes. That the one Dick Spadaro owns. You'll have to contact him on that one. I seen it up close. Really cool.

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes. That the one Dick Spadaro owns. You'll have to contact him on that one. I seen it up close. Really cool.

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Ford had a plant in Charlotte NC in 1932.
    I have seen papers where they made ONE sedan delivery in Charlotte NC in 1932.

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The delivery you are refering to as Spaderos belongs to Doug McRae in Topeka Ks. He's had it for quite a while and is the guy that makes the wood kits.

18. sled

sled

Petejoe,cool...no doubt Dick's car is in amazing conds..i just realized that i found over the years 5/6 32 panels but of course fidnin a REAL 32 sedan delivery,that's another story...
    but you never know down here,so definately i'll keep my eyes open...for sure i lost for little a B400 32,it was close but no luck for me....i think positive anyway,perhaps 1 day....Sled

19. jjrodder

jjrodder

A little history lesson here. I am the Jerry Johnson that is mentioned throughout this thread. I bought the original '32 from a fellow club member in the Torquers CC in Mpls. Paid $50 for it. That was back in '64. Nobody wanted sedan deliveries back then as they were considered "trucks". Anyway, the SD was in pretty rough shape. The body had a lot of rust in it and I found a cherry sedan that Carl Zechbauer had. Ron White cut the back door section out of the original and expertly welded into the sedan. I have to laugh at the St. Paul Police Dept story. There were no booking tags in the back of the SD. It was a delivery van for a meat market in St. Paul however. I found the original sign on the panels when I stripped the paint off. I had a lot of fun with that SD. In 1967 I drove out the California and met a lot of rodders who I am still friends with. I even accepted an invitation to go to the Roadster Roundup in Pismo Beach from L.A. Roadster member, Neal East. That caused quite a stir as I was the only closed car in the sea of roadsters at the motel HQ's.
    Ed Belkegren got the SD from me and did a super rebuild on it and then he later sold it to Morrie Lamb in Fargo, ND. Morrie still has it.
    Here are a couple of pictures of the SD. The first one is when I first found the car. The second one is later after my trip to Calif. The color was "Sparkletts Water Co. green." It stood out in a crowd to say the least.

Attached Files:

20. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

welcome to the HAMB Jerry, great story!!!

21. That "all green" paint job is how I remember seeing it at Minnesota Dragways in the mid-60's.

22. jjrodder

jjrodder

Here is a picture of the '32 at Minn. Dragways on one of my first outings with the car. I was towing the Sather Brothers A/G anglia with it. I was the drag strip photog back then, I think it was 1966.

JJ

Attached Files:

23. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

24. ....Thanks jackandeuces for bringing this thread back to the top. Very interesting and enlightening stuff. Don't know how I missed it before:)..Don.

25. What's the name of the shop in Michigan?

26. ratrod0

ratrod0

heres one my dad had

Attached Files:

27. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The shop in Michigan is Kemps Rods and Restoration. I just googled it and it came up. He did my delivery conversion.

28. Any chance you have a larger photo of that? with the Anglia

29. kiwi88

kiwi88

I'm intrigued, after all this time has anyone seen Sleds delivery or did I miss something in the thread?

30. This post from 4 years ago really cracks me up. Kids and computers aye??
    Talk about pre judging someone and getting it so so wrong .. lol .:D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011