Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 ford roof repair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle Bob, Sep 23, 2014.

1. 005.JPG Okay, looking for some advice from any who have "been there, done that..."
    The stamped channel around the roof opening on my sedan project is eaten away in the corners, photo of the worst corner attached. Does someone out there make a replacement for this stamped section? Any other solution suggestions? I would prefer to continue with the fabric insert rather than do one of those steel filler panels. The wood will be replaced during the process. For emphasis I'm not talking about the tack strip that mounts on top of this flange, I'm talking about the flange portion itself.
    TIA

Edit: well for some reason the file upload button isn't working right now. I'll try to ad pic later.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I don't know of anyone who makes the replacement panel, but we have several shops in the LA area that could make them for you. Another solution is to purchase another roof panel from some of the ads I see here on the HAMB. The Kennedy Boys usually have some scraps you could purchase. I didn't know you have a Deuce sedan.
    Lynn

3. I'm sneaky that way Lynn............:D
    Thanks for the tips.
    Okay, photo now loaded.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

5. Johnsons Rod Shop may have a couple of those pieces. We saved those when we filled roofs and/or made flush fit inserts when I worked there.