Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford gas tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lcfman, Jul 7, 2020.

1. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I am in the market for a 32 Ford gas tank for my 5 window coupe with full fenders. Does anyone have recommendations or tanks to stay away from?

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have TANKS tanks on the three deuces that use stock tanks. 11 gallons on the three window and 14 gallons on the delivery and 5 window I just sold. I like the quality of TANKS especially for full fendered cars but they lack the side reinforcements like the stock tanks although that can be added.

3. swifty

swifty

Vintique tanks will not bolt up to an original chassis. I've had 2 of theirs and had to modify the mounting flanges on both. They do have the triangular stiffeners on each end though and look correct. The Tanks brand can be fitted with the stiffeners supplied as an option, don't know about their fit though.

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I passed on a stock tank at Goodguys swap meet that was in excellent condition ($200). Still kicking myself. I don’t need one, but mine is an original that has been repaired.

6. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I just put a Tanks in my original frame. I had to file the one single hole a little and grind a tad off some edges to get it to fit. But Im happy with it. I do wish it had the reinforcment plates though.