Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 deuce mid engine hemi fuel coupe build(pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gbones32coupe, Dec 30, 2012.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey bud! Been awhile! Great to see you posting! One day I'll get to see the rest of that photo album of yours! Mind blowing...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Goldy

Goldy

Hey Scooter, whats up ?? I heard that you been buildin' some cool rods ! That alblum has a lot of history in it and there is more to add to it too.
    I was out west for about three weeks in October visiting Rick, Paul and Tina. I went to the California Hot Rod Reunion at Bakersfield, DuMont Dunes, Duck Creek in Utah, So Cal Speed Shop and Sema Show. But I didn't get to see Scooter !! Goldy

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  3. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Its "DEUCE" not duece,duese,duces or duce. Just as a point of order.

4. Father and son? It does not get any better than this.

5. Love crazy blown coupes. Here is one i built in 2009

Attached Files:

6. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

7. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Any updates on this beast?

8. seatex

seatex

Wow, that Potvin on the Hemi is gonna be too cool!

9. Goldy

Goldy

Any updates on this beast ?
    Kenny has been very busy with work, side jobs, restoring a shore house that was flooded in "SANDY", and most of all, time spent with his wonderful wife raising my grandson. He has been working in the garage, trying to get things in shape to get back working on the 32. We did get the sub rails so that will be a big plus on this project. Daddy G

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Just checking in to see if you were back on the Coupe or not ..........

11. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I was saving up money for the subrails from Brookville roadster for a while but I have a two year old and another one on the way in November so now my savings are being geared to baby stuff. but my dad was so kind to front me the money for the subrails so I can keep the project going and I can pay him back later. Now all I have to do is find time to work on it. building a car while having babys is going to take a while so slow and not so steady will win this race. Any way the subrails are here and they are bolted to the frame and I started cutting out all the bad rust on the bottom of the car so now I am going to start welding. need to pick up some small pieces of sheet metal for the a pillar and b pillar. I will post some pics soon. for now here are some frame specs [​IMG]
    here is the link where I got the measurements free down load http://www.wescottsauto.com/SubIndexes/Techindex.html

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  12. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

WOW!
    How do I miss this shit?
    I'll be paying attention from now on.
    Love anything with a Potvin front drive blower.

13. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

[​IMG] Ok so for all you guys out there who have a real rusty 32 five window. I think we all need a sturdy foundation to start with and this is a cost effective idea I learned here on the H.A.M.B.

The sub rails I am using are 32 ford roadster sub rails from Brookville roadster retail price of 950$ a set and sub rail extentions which were about 175$ a set. Now I know that is a lot of money but if you want pay 1200$-1800$ a set then use 32 five window sub rails. for me I think the 32 roadster sub rails are perfect and Im going to show you why.

Here is my first pic of the roadster sub rails bolted down on a 32 frame in the original mounting holes with the 32 five window body jigged on top of the rails. I will have measurements for you later.
    [​IMG] This pic shows how the sub rail dose not come all the way to the front of the cowl I will have to add lenth to the end of it. in most builds you would not weld the front of the sub rail to the fire wall because you would want to be able to remove it but I might be welding it and making my fire wall a one piece with the body structure because i have plans to lift the body with a hinge like they did back in the day to work on mid engine cars.

[​IMG] Notice here where the front of the roadster rail is different and dose not line up with the A pillar this is ok because it will be covered so I am going to leave this alone.

[​IMG] As you can see here the B pillar dose not line up with the back of the rocker section. With very little fab this can be fixed by cutting with a wizzer notching and welding it back up with no problem. this will be the extent of the fab going to take place. not too much work to make the roadster rails fit a five window. I have seen other guys add lenth to this section to make it fit but Im going to do it a little different.

[​IMG] As for the back the sub rails fit perfect with the rest of the body.

[​IMG] Now the next thing is the rear extention sold sep
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] fits nice closing out the back end. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  14. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Ok so here are some more pics to show from different angles how the roadster sub rails fit. I hope this helps you guys out
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  15. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

Subscribed! Here is some inspiration from the '57 Hot Rod Annual

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 28 ponti

28 ponti

Your photos are very helpful. I'd love to see some showing how you repair the A and B pillars and attach them to the sub rails. Ralph

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see things happening Kenny!!!!

18. Excellent project.

19. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Yo zig zag that article is great man

20. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

this is pretty close to what I am going to do with this car this is the frame plan I composed on my labtop [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    crozch, kiwijeff and daddio211 like this.
  21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

watching

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

this is just an edited photo I made on my computer of what the car will look like in bare metal of course I even made the weld in patches [​IMG] Here is my dad at bonniville with the fuel coupe in the future soaking up the nitro fumes[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  23. Potvin Hemi Deuce Coupe. Quite a ring to it. w O w !!

24. elgringo71

elgringo71

I love what your doing with this build. I think that the Gold Nugget also has a sweet ring to it. Since the Speed Shop was Goldies and He saved this for you with great vintage parts too. I also think that its funny how you thought that the car was rusty junk when you were a kid but now you realize how lucky that you are that your dad was looking out for you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  25. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Ok so it has been a crazy year I hope to find some time soon to work on the car again but we had a baby girl named cadence she is one and I got a little side tracked for chrismas this year for my son who is three I built him this. keeping up the tradition!!!!!!!!! the youngsters are where it at.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    hotrodtodd1960 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Keep up the good work. It's great that you and your dad are doing this together.

27. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Here is an updated pic of the engine mock up

28. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

29. TBONE1964

TBONE1964

This is a very cool build. A Blown Hemi on the salt :), what could be cooler than that?

I am interested in watching how this all unfolds. Good lick with the build. I will be watching.

Take care,
    Tom

volvobrynk likes this.