Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 3 window "barn find" at Scottsdale GoodGuys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by al8apex, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stimac

John Stimac

No, but I had this 33 Cariolet.
    John

Attached Files:

2. John; I thought I recognized your name. I can remember following you out of the Mn fairgrounds (BTT50's I'm sure) a million years ago and was awe struck with your '33 ! That scene is burn't into my hard drive forever!
    I think I had my '27 to that one.
    Thanks for the memory!
    Ron

Attached Files:

• T3.jpg
      T3.jpg
      File size:
      512.5 KB
      Views:
  3. John Stimac

John Stimac

Cool Thank You

4. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Yes.... :cool:

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I was thinking the same thing.

6. Hammered
    I did a bit for HOP UP awhile back regarding that picture. You can check it out at....... http://www.hopupmag.com/index.php/weblog/article/151/

The title of the article is "First Car Found....Not Quite For Sale".

Thanks for asking and I hope you enjoy it !
    Ron

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

I saw it in person. Pretty solid and complete. Not a crazy price to someone in the market for that type of history. To me it's nuts to pay that for ANY "barn find" car unless you have a buyer lined up for more $$$.

Besides, I think Model As look WAY better. I always have.

8. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

More pics.

Attached Files:

9. Spity

Spity

For that kind of money I hope some gold chainer buys it and makes it a street rod. The prices on some of these cars defeats the whole meaning of hot rodding.

10. TERPU

TERPU

That's Funny.

That car has "the dream" all over it. Whomever gets it will be incredibly lucky. It's only money guys and you can't take it with you. If I liked '32 Ford three windows as much as I like some other stuff I wouldn't hesitate a bit. Let's be honest here the '32 is the most sought after Petro powered thing on the planet for the most part. Things with horses on them run a close second but that's another game. If you are going to play with 32's you either have to be very patient, resourceful, and lucky. Or have really deep pockets. I just happen to be related to a guy who built the most bitchin' '32 out of cast offs and crap. When it's finally done here shortly it should be in every magazine and showing possible. I applaud the guy who worked his life for a car he truly wants. Price be whatever, Hot Rods are about the fun from just being around them. I mean really worse case the guy has to keep it-Boo Hoo cry me a river.

Tim

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  11. tuki

tuki

funny stuff

12. henryj429

henryj429

That must be a barn cat.

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

They were only asking $15k for the cat. It didn't have the original paws.

14. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

No but it's got some OG stripes.:D

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

people are funny around here. if he sold it for $40,000.00 it would already be on ebay for $50,000. $60,000.00 looks fair to me.

16. The wheels don't match, the pinstriping's crooked. Junk. Must be a castle nut 8 3/4" Chrysler rearend too. Double junk. Maybe not. I'd give them 60 grand, if I had it. But, I don't, so fuck that piece of streetrodder shit!

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hand waving...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. What's it worth? What someone will pay. And someone will probably pay 50-60k for it. I'd give $20 for the barn cat.

19. Haha! I appreciate the honesty...

20. sr

sr
    from Monterey

That is a good deal. I want his number. When I sell one of my roadsters, I will come after that one. I will have it running and on the road in 4 weeks tops and would have made 20k in value. Sell it, and do it again, until I have another car for free. Where else could you take 60k and in one month make 20k? That's how I see it.

21. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

me too but the again, ive always thought 33-34's look thee BEST outaa all them!!!!

,but ill be first to admit,would love to have a 32 FIVE WINDOW of my own!

22. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

See what? I was side tracked by your avatar.:D

Never seen eyelashes on nipples before.

23. with all the babble about GOLD CHAINERS some must have missed the point. This was a gold chainers car to start with. It has the gold chainer items for the period, was driven a little, and then put AWAY. What we have here is a GOLD CHAINER 32 hot rod survivor. So, a gold chainer car should go to a gold chainer. The best thing to do with the car is buy it, then put it away for another fifty years. You're whining about 60K now? Think what this thing will bring in another 50 yrs. If I could be certain I'd be around that long, it would be sitting in my barn pretty damn soon. And I'd make sure it was one of those "Hey did you hear about the 32 somewhere near here but the crazy fucker won't part with it till..."

24. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Yeah but What year in the late 70's early 80's did you buy them? bottom line is this car is worth close too 60K......I may just contact the owner myself and see about striking a deal on it....For those of you who thank it is not worth it, what kind of car or truck can you buy for $60k that is better than a original all steel 32 3 window hot rod coupe?....Maybe a 41 willys coupe but other than that I can not think of anything...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  25. davidh73750

davidh73750

and strippers?

26. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The " barn find " coupe is a entirely different type of car ... than your street rod coupe. :eek: I actually looked at your 32 3W at the LA Roadsters show this year. I put a friend of mine on it and he says he talked with you. IF ... I did not already have my 32 3W ... I would be interested in your coupe. I would have to get rid of the WHITE paint ...

But I cannot afford another DEUCE ...
    So I am building a old beater Mercury pickup.
    :D

27. skywolf

skywolf

These must have been the same days when Carroll Shelby couldn't sell Cobra Daytona coupes for around $4000. That was the late sixties and if you think that was a lot of money then, it certainly doesn't equate to the $7.25 million paid for one this year. Perhaps your perception of rich guys is a little different to mine.

28. Really ain't outta line.
    Sold this 1, 3 years ago for $85 +

Attached Files:

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I think the best questions would be "what would you ask if it was your's?"

Personally I'd be asking $60,000 obo as well.

30. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wouldn't it be funny if this ended up being a perfectly patinad Brookville body !?
    I think 60k may be a stretch, but I'm sure someone will drop 50k for it. Tanked economy or not, it will only go up in price, so how "motivated" does the seller need to be? He'll eventually get "near 60k if he waits long enough.
    If I were selling it, I would have bolted up a matching set of wheels, tossed a gas tank on it and got it running so i could DRIVE it around the fairgrounds with the For Sale sign on it. Wonder if it was parked in '60 because the engine is toast?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.