Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 3 window at Car Craft 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paperdog, Jul 24, 2011.

1. pretty neat

Minn.car + ardun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  2. brady1929

brady1929

3. flamed34

flamed34

Nice car, nice engine...except for the ball milled aluminum.

I was looking for a gold chain hanging from the rear view...

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Its perfect, accept for the firewall and hood modifications.

5. Neat car. It looks like its going through a "street rod" car wash very slowly. I hope it stops soon!

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Boy do you guys got that one screwed up that was bob, a real hotroder from the day, a real trad guy and the best damm tuner in the tc he just passed a short while ago like a month nice to see the car out mr mginly was a car guy not a gold chainer and it was said that one of his good customers willed that car to him in his will it was bobs son i,m sure a nice car guy you could never meet chech you attitude at the door or get your faces correct!!!

7. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Oh he made mall that stuff years ago before hamb like I said he was the man!!!

8. I saw the MR. TUNEUP decal ... heard later who owned .. or does own it now

with the hood closed the flash is alitlle more subtle ... i did not hear it run ...

was this the same one shown at the gsta show 2010?

9. alchemy

alchemy

Kind of an iconic car around the Cities. You'd see it one day at the Back to the Fifties, and then not again til next year, maybe. He'd always be adding something home-milled, and maybe not exactly "traditional". Personally I wish he'd stopped the improvements ten years ago, but it seems he had fun working on it.

10. billylo

billylo

You nailed it.........

11. What a waste of a '32 and Ardun heads.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Now there's a split personality '32..................

13. Turbo Rocket

Turbo Rocket
    from Iowa

I saw it up there driving around, but never got the chance to look at it up close. It looked cool cruising. Street Rods are what got me into cars, so I think its pretty cool.

14. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Well said. Do a search on Mr. Tuneup.

15. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool God bless him!!
    Neat setup from an old hotrodder.

17. R ther pics of this in the big 3 window thread?

18. Ther are things about it that are not my cup of tea and others that I like.

I am still out to lunch on the ardun there are things that just don't look correct but that doesn't mean that there hasn't been some things re-engineered. I do know that back in the '90s there was a fella up in the twin cities that had enough Ardun stuff to build 3 engines. He was affiliated with the road ratz maybe this is the fella?

19. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

some of the modifications are not handled the way I'd like to see them if it were mine, but they are done true to the spirit of hot rodding - made by hand in Bob's garage using materials available to him with the skills he had perfected. This is not a mail - order catalog "street rod" it is a true hot rod. And whoever didn't think that is a flathead is dead wrong.

20. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

21. It's 100% ARDUN. Early heads had the water outlets on the front of the head.

You learned something today!

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting car and as his friends said, the man did the mods with his on hands on his own mill and it isn't a chainer pull out the plastic and order another shiny piece from the emporium of shiny ball milled pieces.

23. I met Bob about 5 years ago at BTT50's took the time to talk to me which was about an hour, neat 32'! The parts & pieces he made for it came from him and if that's what he wanted to do I respect that! He was a real down to earth guy!