Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 318 Mopar LA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barbarian, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Anyone here dress up a 318 mopar la motor to look a bit more 'traditional' or old school? I have one laying around that was running great when I pulled it from my off-topic challenger. I am debating using it and it's 3speed manual in my model a project. I've seen cal-customs finned valve covers, thinking i could find a 6 pack intake, anything else?

2. Well,,,if a 350 Chevy is traditional,,,why not a 318 ?

I always liked the old chrome stock a Mopar valve covers to be honest.
    Or,,,M/T,,,,and an aluminum intake.
    Should be plenty of old style parts around.
    It would look great I believe,,,go for it .

Tommy

3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

The 273 Commando valve covers were cool....

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  4. goldmountain

goldmountain

About the best you could hope for is to use one of those adapters for mounting 2 two barrel carbs onto a 4 barrel intake.

5. KenC

KenC

Yep, and even stockers with a nice coat of black wrinkle finish, similar to the Commandos look nice.

new 4bbl manifolds are available from the usual suspects, or there is a commado manifold on eBay now.

6. Not totally traditional, but here is the 360 in my Valiant. those Edelbrock valve covers are from 1968, but reproductions are available now. Valiant engine after valve job 9-5-15.jpg

7. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

You can buy a new 3x2 intake, Edelbrock still offers them. Anything you need to dress out the motor is readily available. A little chrome, some finned valve covers, the right color choice and attention to details can give it a vintage look without breaking the bank.

8. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

9. Oh yeah,,,,!
    Take that and some cool finned valve covers,,,it would look very traditional !
    That fits a 2 barrel intake,,,,so you could use a stock type intake and not be over the top in cost . Or adapt it to a stock 4 barrel intake,,,either way,,,whichever you have.

Tommy