Register now to get rid of these ads!

313ers - ever seen anything like this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Foul, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Foul

Foul

a buddy of mine was flipping through an old issue of Winding Road and noticed something in the background of one of the photos. It appears to be a 1959 Pontiac Vista four-door hardtop converted into a two-door by removing its midsection.

whatisthissmallut4.jpg

whatisthiscutob8.jpg

I contacted the editor of Winding Road, and his photographer said the photo was shot along Jefferson Avenue, between downtown Detroit and the bridge to Belle Isle.

What we're wondering is what the rest of the car looks like. Has anybody seen it either in that location or out and about in Detroit?

thanks,
    dan

2. Foul

Foul

3. squirrel

squirrel

could be an el camino conversion? hard to say with that little glimpse!

4. Hope you find out! I'd like to see that.

5. the duke

the duke

yeah I know that car, its at this weird bbq place on jefferson before you get to belle isle. Theres a couple fifties cars in that lot. They just sit out and get abused. I think the place is kinda a failed attempt at a fifties styled drive in restaurant thing. I've never seen it open though, like I said they all sit out so soon it will be covered in snow.

And yeah its a shortened pontiac, ugly as sin waste of a one time cool car in my opinion.

Brent

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, I know exactly where that is, very getto area. They used to be open alot at night. In fact in the hot summer months you could go there very late and night and the place had a hard core party atmosphere to it. Roadstar and his son Race know the owner and were always welcomed with open arms. I'll see if Scott will head down there with me one night this week and I'll see what cars are around and take some photos. If I can get a phone number for you I will.

7. Foul

Foul

thanks, Denise!