Register now to get rid of these ads!

312 intake 3 deuces?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canucktruck, Feb 12, 2012.

1. canucktruck

canucktruck

A factory 312 intake that has 3 deuces on it. Is there such a thing as a factory application in cast iron. Looking for info, parts or anyone that has one.

2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Nope... All 3x2 for a Y block are aftermarket. The only multi carb intakes Ford had was the 2x4.

3. I have an aluminum 3x2 for a y block, it has a couple of ears broke off ( somebody didn't know how to install it ).

Lee

4. Clark

Clark

I think there was an aftermarket 3x2 in cast iron.
    Clark

5. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

Earlier this morning I had suggested, if your schedule and your budget would allow,
    that Edelbrock was going to re-introduce some of their original 3-Deuce Y-Block castings.
    Then I got this notice from one of my contacts there...

"Lar, the 3-Deuce Y-Block Intakes have been removed from the 2012 catalog and are not planned for production at this time."

No other reason given, but Edelbrock has decided to pull these items from production for 2012.

I'd suggest that if they get enough direct consumer interest, it may get them to act on it again.

*the #573 with 3 of the New Edelbrock 94s Carbs had shown really good numbers and performance on the dyno.

Anyway, the original casting numbers remain (and the assigned new order numbers are as follows ).

#553 - for 272"-292" small port (p/n 5410)

#573 - for 312" large port (p/n 5411).

If you've got any questions about any of these parts please let me know.

Larry

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012