Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 31 Model A Victoria Build w/Pics – Miss Vicky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Man.....always interesting as hell. New tricks, and a great teacher. I love this car. You do great things.

D-Russ likes this.
  2. Wow!

The only metal bumping I've ever done on my car was the front bumper into the parking curb.

D-Russ likes this.
  3. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

Just spent some time looking at this thread, cool car man! I'll stay tuned.

D-Russ likes this.
  4. What?!

temp_zpse0dbfd0c.jpg

temp1_zpsccd298d0.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. You Tease ! I patiently await !

D-Russ likes this.
  6. Nice Scott356B selfie Dave; Looks great!

D-Russ likes this.
  7. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Muy Bueno!

D-Russ likes this.
  8. Looks like you loged some miles this past weekend, Dave. What was it, Friday two trips to Charles City and then Baltimore and back Saturday?

And now we have PAINT!!!!!!!!!
    You may need to change your avatar.

D-Russ likes this.
  9. Really nice, Dave. Ho many hours do you have in the car??? More than can be counted, I bet.

10. scottb356

scottb356

Those were text message pics. Here's a better representation of the color. Going to finish up some spots in the body today and get the cowl done. Then back mask and paint the body tomorrow. DSC00069 (Medium).JPG DSC00068 (Medium).JPG

D-Russ likes this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Gloss paint will give that Vicky a whole different look. One of my favorite HAMB builts. Bob

D-Russ likes this.
  12. Looks great Dave,
    Ill guess Scottb356 is squirting it, nice job. Yes a big difference in tone between the pics.

D-Russ has a blue Vicky
    LSaA has a brown Vicky
    I have a 1/2 done ospho toned Vicky.

D-Russ likes this.
  13. That color looks AWESOME in the sun Scott! I'm super happy with it, thanks man.:D

For the rest of you, here's the back story. Yes, scottb356 (Scott Burnett, Kahiko Kustoms) is painting the car (and fixing some of my shoddy body work). He sent me the pics I posted yesterday and I was concerned enough about the apparent difference in color that I drove down to Charles City last night to see it in person – and it looked great in the booth lighting. It looks even better outside. Just this morning I went back to the paint store to look at the off white color chips again because I was second guessing the firewall color. :rolleyes:

On a side note, Mr. Burnett is being really patient with me through this process because I'm sweating EVERYTHING. I'm not used to having someone else work on my junk. But he's doing a WAY BETTER job than I could have.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  14. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I absolutely love that color. I hope to see it in person some day!

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

copyright infringement suit pending

D-Russ, kidcampbell71 and daddio211 like this.
  16. Dave (and Scott), that looks beautiful- like something you might've seen at an indoor car show when Ike was in the oval office.

BTW, Sorry I didn't come back to chat later at the Revival- my friend who drove had to get home for an emergency.

17. The color looks perfect!

D-Russ likes this.
  18. scottb356

scottb356

HOLD ON there homie. Let's get some things straight and keep it friendly. I'll work on your car, but I taint going anywhere near your junk :confused: DSC00070 (Medium).JPG DSC00071 (Medium).JPG

D-Russ likes this.
  19. Scott, this 924 needs some love, too.

[​IMG]

20. Whatever. I get confused when the power plant is in the wrong end......:rolleyes:

21. scottb356

scottb356

Get it right Aleister :mad:

22. scottb356

scottb356

DING....doors are done. I DSC00079 (Medium).JPG DSC00080 (Medium).JPG probably won't do the body until tomorrow. The paint on the firewall is still a little soft for taping

23. Looking good.

24. Very nice!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. MP&C

MP&C

Yay! Shiny color!

26. scottb356, You should never use the word "Ding" when referring to paint on doors, or more importantly the word 'Taint" when mentioning another man's junk. lol

D-Russ and loudbang like this.
  27. titus

titus

yep, check back in on the vicky here and there but dont alway post, so....keep up the good work, cool to see it going to paint!

JEFF

D-Russ likes this.
  28. scottb356

scottb356

3 short nap rollers, a nice badger hair brush, a couple of un-documenteds and she's all shiney ;) DSC00090 (Medium).JPG DSC00091 (Medium).JPG DSC00092 (Medium).JPG DSC00090 (Medium).JPG DSC00091 (Medium).JPG DSC00092 (Medium).JPG DSC00100 (Medium).JPG DSC00102 (Medium).JPG DSC00105 (Medium).JPG DSC00107 (Medium).JPG

29. Wow!

Posted from an IBM Selectric

Studebakermatt likes this.
  30. scottb356

scottb356

Yes, about a quart and a half. Plenty for all the repairs I have to do......:eek:

Posted from Apple II

metlmunchr likes this.