Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '31 Model A Coupe followed me home. Now What?!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by BlownMerc, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Wow cool story especially considering its local heritage I guess it's safe to say it hasnt driven down your road on its own 4 wheels since '53 just doing that will be a milestone.....chop it! A's need it but I have always disliked the visor on these things. i've often thought about shortening it (visor) to about the height of the roof above the leading edge of the doors then sliding it back til it's front edge meets the window post now instead of a blunt flat straight up and down roof line its a bit more streamlined. then get a stock height (or maybe 1 1/2" chopped) windshield and move it up into that flat header panel above it until it looks good. what ever space is now left between the bottom of the windsheild and the cowl that is the amount you chop the doors and side windows. keep your rear window larger too by removing metal from above and below it. now you have a nice looking side profile but have lost no visibility and not too much headroom

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. BlownMerc

BlownMerc
    from Jerome

Well progress has been super slow on this build, but at least progress is being made! Body has been removed from the frame and I picked up this funky motor that has holes in the valve covers.....
    IMG_7659.jpg IMG_8169.jpg

waxhead, Never2low and kidcampbell71 like this.