Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 31 buick 3w coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, May 16, 2016.

1. I'm all for giving you more work to do as well !! You did post the picture with a trophy. haha so easy to spend someone else's $$$ and do it while stuffing their opinion box to the brim. I love this place !! :D

Can you rotate the fenders forward without rolling out of the rear fender well reveal ?? Convenient in theory, and more so via internet. :) I'm a keyboard genius.

Also, may have a 29-31 Chevrolet front axle/parallel leaves for you. Dunno' your timeline ... or great Scott (!) ... the shipping !!

tb33anda3rd, volvobrynk and The37Kid like this.
  2. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

^^^^ that's makes so much sense, that it almost is to good an idea not to try!!

Your are a "out of the box thinking" champ!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. OK...Thought I'd better add a hood...

hood.jpg

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. that makes sense. yeah what's another day?

i originally wanted them flush but Mark suggested dropping them down which i think will look better.

5. keep the ideas coming, i appreciate "building" this with all you guys.

that is it! now all i have to do.........:);):cool:

volvobrynk and themoose like this.
  6. @kidcampbell71 you mentioned the trophy. it was "awarded" to the car at Big Al's toy box unfinished car show. you have to laugh. DSCF5026.JPG

kiwijeff and TFoch like this.
  7. this morning i worked on getting bumpers on the car. it started with going over to my storage container. i have not been in it for a while. to dig out the bumpers i needed to climb over a few 6 cylinder chevies, a pile of transmissions and squeeze between the wall and a shelving unit to the far corner where the bumpers leaned. i pulled out a pair i thought would work and went back to the shop. i cleaned them up and straightened the brackets.
    i really, really like the way the rear one came out. has that awkward, utility, small magazine look to it. now i can decide how much to bring the fenders up in the rear. DSCF5040.JPG DSCF5041.JPG

8. i straightened the head light bar and bolted that on. i will need that to make the fender braces and make sure the fenders stay aligned. i kinda like it, even tho it is high.
    the front bumper, well......it looks ok head on......but it basically SUCKS.should be flat and closer to the car. back to the drawing room. DSCF5039.JPG
    DSCF5048.JPG

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. where am i going to get some running board brackets?:):cool: DSCF5042.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is there a '57 Chevy hood in there you can make a rolled rear pan out of? Exhaust tips coming out of those two bullet holes would look nice. ........There HAMB post # 20,000 for me, could have been more if I wasn't cleaning out my garage today. Bob

11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

DSCF5041.JPG Looking at this pic, and thought if you drop the bumper about 4", it would hide the back of the tank??

12. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Hey Moose, can you drop that bumper a little?

13. once i decided on the height, i bolted the rear running board brackets to the frame and until i pull the body i tacked the front braces in place. and made some splash aprons. DSCF5046.JPG DSCF5045.JPG

14. the bumper gets bolted straight to the frame. and the tank only stands out when you squat down other photo is from a standing position.

15. Paul55 I like your idea about dropping the rear bumper. I hope you keep the lower part of the rear fenders if you move them up a bit.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. i started working on the running boards. here is the test piece i made to get the measurments. DSCF5047.JPG

volvobrynk and TFoch like this.
  17. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Neat project, love it!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. i will look into dropping the bumper.
    gave the front end a little attitude. DSCF5052.JPG
    DSCF5053.JPG DSCF5049.JPG

19. Nice metal work, looks good to me.

20. You're right that front bumper is way too far out there!

falcongeorge likes this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

upload_2016-5-22_20-46-57.png You could roll a few gravy grooves in the running boards and then Faux Finish them to look like wood.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  22. thanks, now i just have to make it full length.

funny when it was in the shop and i was fitting it, it looked ok.

23. i thought about putting a stepped down rectangle, that rubber mat could be glued into.

24. Aprons on sides look good! :cool: Front bumper needs to come in! It looks like the bumpers cars at Playland back in the day!:rolleyes: Rear bumper needs to come down or a pan. I'm enjoying telling some one what to do since that does not work at home.;) Shaping up.:cool:

25. a couple more shots. DSCF5050.JPG DSCF5051.JPG

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Please grab a hole saw and set it up for twin gas fillers, one can be fake. Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. Instead of twin gas fillers how about some tail lights in those holes!!!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  28. Nice...Buick built some beautiful cars, didn't they? I have a buddy and club member with a 35. He dumped the original front suspension and used a complete bolt-in suspension crossmember and suspension from a 49/54 chevy car...he loves it!
    hazeltonsart35buick.jpg

lbcd likes this.
  29. i could make the other one a vent.

i want the tail lights in the fenders.

that is a beautiful car! is it going to be all green?