Register now to get rid of these ads!

303 Olds Parts & ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dat Dirty Rat, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Not knowing alot about Olds motors. I have some 303 stuff (valve covers/manifold) and would like to know what other size motors I can use them on,,,if any. Your responses would be greatly appreciated...Dirty

2. 55olds88

55olds88

Manifold's good till 57, (so 303's and 324's) rocker covers beyond that I think....depends what else you have for interchange.
    If anyone has a spare plate (on top of the early valve covers has plug leads going under it) they care to loose I need one.

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

55olds- Thanks! I thought I would be able to use them on a 324's. I just wasn't positive! I have a Fenton 3x2 manifold and some old offy valve covers I can't wait to use. The 303 I planned on using didn't work out. So now its onto plan 'B'...Dirty

4. 55olds88

55olds88

Sounds like the story of my life, I had 2 guys down here interested in a 303 I have and both of them went tits up !!!
    I might have to give it a little clean up and see if I can make a runner out of it now (for a project), rather then using the $ from selling it to build a new 324 for the Olds.
    Sounds like you have some good treasure there [​IMG]

5. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

i havent looked at a 303 before,but from what i have heard you have to port match the intake to fit 324 heads since they have larger intake ports.good luck,
    eric

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Olds- Man, I wish you were closer. I'd take it off your hands. I should have seen it coming. I kept trying to give him money for it and kept getting the 'don't worry about it' line. Now I'm ready to set the frame up w/no motor! I mean I have the Flattie and 350 to fall back on,,,,but i refuse putting the 350 in it!...Dirty

Erdy- Someone else just pm'ed about the same thing. I def. have to look into it. Thanks for the response!