Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 302’s in Model A’s pics please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fiftee3, Feb 10, 2019.

1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Damn man don’t do it . Keep the Chebbie where it belongs in a Bow Tie . Hey , nice set of Cobra rocker covers . Lookin like they forgot something in the mold of the second one !

Wizzy likes this.
  2. Mine is a 289 w/351W heads & custom headers, backed by a toploader 4 speed, all in a original 32, pinched frame.
    10.27 3.png 10.27 3Engine.png

sidevalve8ba, Wizzy and Gammz like this.
  3. 068[1].jpg

Attached Files:

sidevalve8ba and Gammz like this.
  4. One great help is to use a "Snow White" water pump assembly. It will shorten the motor by 2.5 inches.

dirty old man and Gammz like this.
  5. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I know this is an old thread, but some might come across it in an internet search, so I wanted to clarify here that both examples I posted, now that I look at them closer, are on 32 rails, with a longer wheel base, and more room in the engine compartment.

6. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

One can save some room in the front with the Exploder front setup, they squeezed it pretty hard to fit in the small Exploder engine compartment. Mine is '97, and front end is nicely squeezed. And there are many thousands of roller 302's out there, GT and otherwise, that are quite economical- not "cheap" like a Chebbie lol

Roothawg and sidevalve8ba like this.
  7. Roothawg

Roothawg

I just built a 302 out of a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. It has the P heads. I took the clunky efi off of it and replaced with an aluminum intake. It’s a roller cam block. I used the Trick Flow Stage 1 cam. It’s slated for my 55 Ford. I used the earlier Ford oil pan, but BEWARE you can’t interchange the front covers if you plan on running the stock water pump. No workie. The dipstick becomes an issue as well. All workable, but it takes some thought. I wanted to retain the serpentine setup since this will be a closed hood custom.

Malcolm likes this.