Register now to get rid of these ads!

30 a body on a 32 frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalmen, Aug 22, 2011.

1. metalmen

metalmen
    from new jersey

i have a mint 30 ford 5 window and am lookin at a 32 frame and want to run the rear gas tank but i only find bobed rear frames. what do you have to doo to fit this body at the rear too the frame to work/

2. Someone is going to get pissy about this but if you go to the top of the page and hit search then use the drop down box and go to advanced search and tap in Deuce rails for a search criteria you will find a lot of old build threads with pictures etc.

While you are at it if you are already at the top of the page you will find an area where you can intorduce yourself to the rest of the gang. I am not going to read it myself but you will get a better response if you try it.

I don't think I have seen a Model A on Deuce rails that hasn't had the frame horns bobbed but in your search you May find exactly what you are looking for.

3. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

X2 on the intro and searching. Spend some time on here looking around and you'll learn more than just keeping a deuce gas tank under your A coupe.

How's this for practice:

Search for Brian Bass' Hemi Coupe build thread (or look in the tech archive).

[​IMG]

Good luck and welcome to the HAMB.

iPhone - TJJ App

5. It sticks out too far, if you're going to do it make sure you shorten the frame horns so the filler neck is close to the body.

6. metalmen

metalmen
    from new jersey

thanks everyone, just not used to navgating this site, i am a 50s 60s car guy for the last 25+ years and trying something i am not too familiar with sorry if i sound stupid here ill get better.

7. Yoyu haven't sounded stupid yet.

You'll get the hang of the site quick. Try and spend so time just looking around.

welcome anyway.
    Benno