Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 deuce question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBonez, Mar 9, 2007.

1. TBonez

TBonez

I have 3 Holly 94s I picked up at a swap meet. They are going on a SBC 327. Two are model # 91-99 w/ Ford script and one is model #59. The guy I bought them from said that he ran the 59 as the primary and the other two as secondaries. All three look the same. Question is will this work or should keep all same model.

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Those are VERY similar carbs. I think only real changes nay have been in vent locations on top casting. Also, practically all 94's have by now made at least a few trips to commercial exchange rebuilders, who mix all the parts from hundreds of carbs at a time anyhow. If you want a full run down, the '28-48 parts books chart all the ingredients for all carbs...realistically, just start by making sure jets, float levels, and nozzle bars are the same and go from there.
    91-99 was OEM 1939-41, 59 was used '46-48 and replaced all earlier 94's in service parts supply.

3. TBonez

TBonez

thanx Bruce. I started takin' them apart for rebuild before I mount them and the internals look identical to me. Ill be checking the jets and the float levals when they are put back together. He also gave me a tackle box full of floats , jets and miss. parts so should be able to match everything up.