Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 3" chopped windshield with 2" chopped top on a Deuce Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Has anyone ever used a 3" chopped 32 windshield frame with a stock type 2" chopped top. It looks like it would work fine but would like to see photos if anyone has one. Thanks
    My top now with 2" windshield and top chop. It almost looks like it will work fine, I just do not want it to look stupid and I like my top to fold down the way it is.
    IMG_1894.JPG

nunattax, Stogy and catdad49 like this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

If You still fit, I think it will be fine. I like it right now, so I might be a little biased!

Stogy and ct1932ford like this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Be careful. I put the top up on mine and drove home form a cruise in a couple weeks ago, hit a big pothole and nearly gave myself a concussion from my cranium impacting the crossbow in the top. Crap that hurt. I have found a comfy driving position sitting as far back as possible so the bar is ahead of my forehead. Looks are one thing, drivability another.

Stogy likes this.
  4. A Boner

A Boner

You would think the fabric would have that much give.
    Try putting an inch of tape on the top of the windshield glass and see if the seat is low enough for you to see out of the windshield comfortably.

ct1932ford likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe the photo shop guys a try at doing a detailed picture for you. also, a long shot is to get a model car kit and do a trial run on one - long time ago I remember a '32 full fender roadster kit - Deuces has a lot of model cars, maybe could help - a boner idea above is a good one, then tape some 1" foam material to crossbow too

Stogy and ct1932ford like this.
  6. I am only 5'8" tall so height is not an issue for me, I am using a stock seat. The back of the top would not change much. I am more concerned with my line of site. I did tape the glass one inch lower and also tilted the windshield so I could drop the top. It looks like it will work ok. It was awhile back so I may try it again. I know, too much time on my hands.:oops:

Stogy, Bandit Billy and catdad49 like this.
  7. Mark is height challenged so the chop and line of sight would be of little concern. :D. me on the other hand would have serious problems. HRP

Stogy, ct1932ford and catdad49 like this.
  8. I think I am tall enough. :rolleyes:
    DSCF5815 Gene.JPG

You on the other hand!:eek:
    SC 030.JPG

Jalopy Joker, catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's to bad that you couldn't borrow a set of posts and shield to give it a whirl before hand or angle your existing gear to allow a 1" drop...

10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 6'2" 250, comfy with the top down and learning to deal with the top up. You can see from the profile my eyes are barely below the top of the windscreen. As a result I have trouble reading billboards and looking at long legged women. The top is just for emergencies, I built it to enjoy the sun.
    upload_2019-7-18_12-0-44.png
    upload_2019-7-18_12-1-10.png

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Seems like it should work. I could be tempted to make up a mock-up frame out of wood or something easy and see if the structure/ fabric will let it come down with out binding.

Should give it a much meaner look, looking forward to seeing it

ct1932ford and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CT3.jpg

IMG_1894.JPG

If you click on the thumbnail and use the arrows you can cycle back and forth at see the difference which is near an inch but I did not lean the posts...no time...

Bandit Billy and Tim like this.
  13. I like the shorter windshield post. HRP

[​IMG]

ct1932ford and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At only an inch it's a very subtle change but a sizable undertaking to cut weld and rechrome...can you get this stuff aftermarket just in case it doesn't work for you as it's chopped posts and a 3" chopped shield...no doubt pricey but somewhat a straightforward swapping out.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    catdad49 and ct1932ford like this.
  15. Thanks Stogy, not sure how you did that but it seals the deal. I think I will purchase a 3" chopped windshield and stations. I am going to paint the windshield frame black like a standard. Just need to see who sells the best one. Thanks Again! Mark[/QUOTE]

catdad49, Stogy and Tim like this.
  16. I am in the same frame of mind. My top comes up in winter for storage and if I get caught in a downpour,
    sometimes.:rolleyes:

catdad49, Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  17. that chop will look almost perfect, then all it needs is the fenders and hood put back on.

catdad49, Stogy and ct1932ford like this.
  18. swifty

swifty

^^^^X2 32's look beautiful just as Henry built them LOL

tb33anda3rd and ct1932ford like this.
  19. All that extra weight and cleaning!:rolleyes:

catdad49, Stogy and Tim like this.
  20. Tell that to the model T you have.:eek:

Stogy likes this.
  21. In the end I decided to leave the 2” chopped windshield . I put a one inch piece of tape across the windshield and it does hamper my line of site. I figure in ten more years I will shrink that much and could do it then. WHAT!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.