Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3.03 top loader identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kato Kings, Mar 16, 2019.

1. deucemac

deucemac

If you want to throw another 3.03 trans user into te mix, not only did Jeep use it with a top shifter on it and called it a T150, but AMC also used it with a Laycock overdrive on it as an option on 75-77 Pacers, Gremlins, and Hornets. I gave one on the back of the 354 Hemi in my avatar roadster. I removed the side shift rails, springs, detents, and tin top cover and replaced them with a Jeep T150 top shifter. I love how it shifts and the overdrive knocks the speed down by 30%. The shifter handle comes up within an inch or where the deuce shifter would have and I used a 36 brake hade with it to give it an early look, but have a fun syncro 3 speed and a smooth electric overdrive. The 3.03 boxes are tough and easily handles my hemi.

2. Pontmerc

Pontmerc
    from Finland

Allright, lets continue.
    I have 65 200cid with 2,77 transmission.
    I also have 63 3,03 out of 390 fe.
    What would it need to change if i swap that better 3,03 in place of a 2,77.

3. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Bellhousing, flywheel, clutch & pressure plate, possibly shifter rods.
    Might have to change or modify driveshaft and slip yoke.

Does the six cylinder have the dual bellhousing pattern on it? I believe either can be used with the appropriate bellhousing.

4. rodney burrough

rodney burrough