Register now to get rid of these ads!

2x2 Adapter for SBC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Busy B, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

Anyone had any experience with the various 2x2 adapters available for a 4 bbl intake on a SBC? I've seen them on a few cars in mags and on HAMB but haven't seen anyone with one to see how well they work or if they are not worth the trouble.

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

I ran one on my tudor for a while than steped up to the tripower . They are just for looks .

3. dickster27 is a really good intake guy here on the Hamb..he builds and tunes pretty much anything you could imagine for a motor...

http://www.dickshotrodplace.com/

if you click and save the pic on this link page, you can enlarge it and see the detail...great resolution...seems to know his stuff rather well...the top0 left pic is the one i drool over..........

4. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i ran one for a while with 2 94's on top, it worked pretty good.

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Vintage Speed has them for sale. According to them they work better now than they did due to better intake design.

6. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

Thanks guys for the info!

7. kbrodshop

kbrodshop
    from Georgia

I run the set up on my 28. Bought the adapter and progressive linkage from vintage speed along with the throttle shafts. Had a good friend that is great with carbs build up 2 rodchester 2gc carbs. Runs perfect. I love it.

Attached Files: