Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals May 14, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Jan 16, 2011.

1. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

yes MR PRO ELIMINATOR the plan is to make it down friday. iam going to buy a new syphon hose to barrow some fuel to get there so dont park too close.

2. Can everyone say YEEEEEEE HAH . I feel like a kid a wk before x mas. Assembling my engine today and hopefully a new Powrglide Monday. You guys will have to be easy on me at YB, being a virgin running the transbrake and glide thingy. Skully, I'm chompin at the bitt To line up with ya.. Gonna be some fun. Is that crazy wild as a March Hare Englishman gonna grace us with the Thames? Hope so. I have often wondered if he really built a car or just the pictures.:eek:

3. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Mark, You're The Man!!!! Texas drag strips can now be listed as your "Second Home." Going to get some barrels to save up fuel for trips I guess, better than saving up money. We'll stay at the track fri so we can watch your stuff. I'll run you heads up if you give me a head start!

4. sololobo

sololobo

Man I wish I could be there, take pix please. Love the poster with the worlds coolest Stude gasser ever, Avalon Speed Shop rules!! ~sololobo~

5. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Hillrr race cars have three pedals are you going to get a hot girl to drive it with that autotrans.

6. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Looks like some "Trash Talk" starting to surface! Where's Doc?

7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Maybe in that state of confussion you were talking about.

8. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

I think Doc's holding back on us. He's been to quiet.

It looks like Andy will be there, but without the Thames. It does exist - I saw it last week.

Bill - We gonna line it up again. At least this time it will be at a track without speed bumps.

9. rebelrat

rebelrat

Sorry guys the Thames will not be at YB coz my little girl is getting married here in 2 WEEKS and arrives here in 1 so I am working my tail off getting the property purdy and being a DAD lol, I will be at YB for sure and will be towing Skots and Marc to the line with pride lol.

10. Yep,Mark, you finally busted me and my girlie look alike. I don't thnk she is as pretty as I am though. Some of us poor folks have to run the antiquated systems of days gone by. I'll do my best to get her to the line, just for you. I have probobly shifted more gears than you have passed telephone poles .How bout that fer credentials bubba. (Notice the lack of capitalization) A spankin not a spankin until its done.

11. WE also have Dennis coming in his truck. He runs all that electronic stuff that I can't even spell. I think he will have some serious competition at this race. Even if we have to import our wild card from another state. Yep, I'm giving you credit, damnit didn;t mean to do that. He won the bag of marbles at Day of the Drags last season.
    Gunning for him, you bet. I wonder if he's gonna drive or use his hired gun? Go figure, Don't matter anyway.Someone needs to put him down.

12. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

HELL YEA love the smack talk ill have to get in the basement and find my texas cowpoke hat .you guys are pro BS,ERS. WHAT WAS IT THAT WON THE DAY AT DRAGS.

13. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

1 9.62 140 35 ford pu
    2 10.17 127 31 a sedan
    3 10.42 126 34 ford pu

14. Skull, your hat may not fit your head anymore. Ya think?
    I just enjoy the dogshit all the pre race garble. It makes eatin that slice of humble pie go down so much easier.
    These are all good guys except for the assholes. The odd thing, Can't seem to think who they are right now. We gonna have a good turnout this year and look forward to chewin fat . Does anyone have a clue what time the gates open?

15. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

HILL iam going to try to get there in 1 piece hope it stays together used parts always show their weak spots when iam around. go figure,talk is all in fun !!

16. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

damn bill the #1 has got some mph 140 is haulin it.

17. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Rick - You got it all figured out. LOL

18. well...let's see if I can pull a rabbit...er old SDRA racer....out of my hat...

19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Small wolrd, hes rebuilt 3 columns for me, and let me take a peak at a nice little T Roadster too!

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Glad to hear your doing good bud, we missed you new years day. We should meet up again for the cruise out to Belly, give me a shout.
    And for anyone else headed that way we usually meet up at my house around 635/I30 area for a nice little cruise out to the Nats, anybodys welcome just pm me !

Rick

21. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Was wondering where you been hiding Doc. Is the Margarita Express ready to go?

22. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Boy Doc - Sounds like you got an axe to grind. Rebel Stew - Looks there needs to be a re-match. I'll take you up on that with a John Force burn out to start it all off.

Better watch out for that guy with the funny heads - he may try to race you backwards after the Navasota races. I hear those Austin boys have a new girl driver.

[​IMG]

23. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Wow, Doc got out of his cage and off his Meds! Think I'm goin hangout with Dirty John and hand out hotdogs and cupcakes, you guys intimidate the shit outta me! And for those of you that "Have a Pair" how about a $20 pot winner take all?

24. Man, geeez, holy smoke, crimeny sakes alive, we actually have a Doc sighting.I guess you'll need to give all of our money back for the flower collection Bill. Don't guess the little whiner is dead after all. And he's talkin like he grew a new set while on sebatical.Maybe he's on some sort of mind enhancing euphoric chemical that thinks he has a snowballs chance in hell of competeing with any of the parties he suggested. They do have the first monday sale in canton the wk before, I heard they some mice on steroids and can be bought as a matched pair.You do a nice burn out Doc, nough said:cool:

25. HR Bill, Count me in on the pot. I would suggest(for those whom would be interested) another 20.00 pot for the quickest ET. Mark, may be a chance to pay part of your fuel bill. Just a thought.Doc, are you listening.bring it,we got some runners at this race.Gonna be a blast.

26. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Ya Doc - Finally made it to the point where I can hang with the big dogs. Ole HR Bill and Hillrat kept that bar pretty high, but I'm polishing the tail lights so they have something nice to look at.

Count my $20.00 in Bill, just tell Rick he has to stay in his lane. LOL

27. Herb, sure would like to see that chebby hike em at YB.
    Haven't heard a peep out of you on this pre race trash talkin exponanza. I hope you can make it.
    Rebel, I guess if your concern is my taking both lanes, I must be out front in your mind already. I like the way you think.It is actually a Nascar blocking maneuver. I only had two tires in the other lane, plenty of room to pass. lol:D

28. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

So rubbing is racing?

29. Now that my brother is some funny shit I don't care who you are.
    Mark, I will out of the room for the wkend, so in the event these guys start trashing the rat, I will leave it up to you and brother Bill to bring my slack. I am on a mission in East Texas to monitor the harmony between God,mother Earth and Mankind, wish me luck.(I also get to pick up my new Auto trans Mixer device and spend the wkend with my daughter). All of you men have a wonderful Easter, God Is Good, celebrate life, we only have one.
    Aproach it like it is your last, cause it is.
    HillRat

30. Rusty

Rusty

LAst year during our drivers meeting all racers decided to put up a seperate pot that would be run simultaneously with the event, We ended up paying out 4 places, and even gave 100 bucks to closest to dial in on finals race. I think Skot got 300 or so for his flatty powered Coupe showing everyone how to do it consistently. We already hace 130 bucks added to that jackpot again and it will grow weekely till the event.

To make alittle more understanding, We have classes set up. those classes are gonna run out for there class champions, which will recieve a nice award

Then we will start the money round where everyone races and dials in, Winners move on till we get to the final. Should be able to pay out 4 places again this year. That is if all the racers want to do it again. Shaping up to be awesome!!!!! Sure wish I was racing!!

Whose gonna take the Top Eliminator Crown from Skotz flatty Coupe this year??????