Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **2nd Annual Phoenix-Arizona Hot Rod Hundred, Saturday April 25th**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Feb 6, 2015.

1. If we didn't pre-order a shirt, will they still be available at the run? Do you have any info on start time and place yet?

2. We ordered some extra shirts, with the order that I placed for the SWMO HRH, M thru XXL. If you can pre-order the shirts before the week of the event, it will help us ship the right amount of shirts, so that we don't get hit with excessive shipping charges.

Easiest way to pre-order your t-shirt is to send $25 to [email protected], via paypal, and include Phoenix HRH and what size T-shirt you are want in the note section. We'll ship them directly to Doug, so he has them at check-in.

In the event that we run out of shirts in the size that you are requesting, the next order will be late August/early September, preparing for the fall HRH events.

3. bonesy

bonesy

Done!

4. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Guys, thanks for all the responses!

I have been super busy but this weekend I will prerun the route and post of the final route for everyone to see.

Sorry for the delay but I want to make sure it is awesome!

5. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Ok, well I have some more of the details hammered out for The 2015 Arizona HRH.

First off we have an official starting point at 20635 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85024 in the parking lot of Dolphin Pools just north of the loop 101 on Cave Creek Rd. for registration and T-shirts from 9am-10am on Saturday morning April 25th.

[​IMG]

We have reservations at Porters Cafe in Superior, Arizona http://www.yelp.com/biz/porters-cafe-superior for the afternoon of April 25th on the Patio. I recommend Porter's Green Chili burger and homemade fries it is the best!

Stay tuned as I will be posting the final route shortly...

bonesy likes this.
  6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Should be a good time. Take lots of pics.

7. Wish I could make it out. Looking forward to coverage!

8. HRH2015T.jpg
    The @JeffNorwell artwork on the back of this year's Hot Rod Hundred T-shirts, featuring the trucks of @bigken and @Hay Automotive, who both participated in the SWMO, OkC/DFW, and StL Hot Rod Hundred events in 2014.

bonesy and cvstl like this.
  9. Easiest way to pre-order your t-shirt is to send $25 to [email protected], via paypal, and include Phoenix HRH and what size T-shirt you are want in the note section. We'll ship them directly to Doug, so he has them at check-in.

In the event that we run out of shirts in the size that you are requesting, the next order will be late August/early September, preparing for the fall HRH events.

10. realdeal32

realdeal32

Oh Man... Wish I could but... I need to go back to Seattle for a few weeks. I'd love to join you guys next year.

bob

need louvers ? likes this.
  11. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

BTT............T-shirts are headed West for the run so pre-register now to ensure you get yours.

If you pre-register I will have you T-shirt at the event to pick up or you can take a chance I don't run out.

Two weeks away now so get to thrashing on your cars because you will not want to miss this one!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  12. Roothawg

Roothawg

Gonna be a good time.......wish I could make it.

13. gonmad

gonmad

Wish it wasn't so far, we had a blast here at the SW MO one two weeks ago!! Met lots of cool people and just an all round good event!

14. Be sure and get lots of pics. You guys have some beautiful scenery out there.

15. mopacltd

mopacltd

The wife is into bringing out the '55 for this run.

16. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

\'55 chevy and RUGRAT.jpg Great, I plan on driving my '55 Chevy on the run to change things up.............Two weeks ago I attended the Hot Rod Round About in North San Diego County did 130 miles in Model A coupe with a worn out 59A Flathead and '39 3 speed so this will like driving a modern car in comparison.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    bchrismer likes this.
  17. jerry

jerry

Something reliable this time?

Great seeing you there. I was so sleep deprived that morning I didn't recognize anybody!

jerry

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

OK guys, we lowered the price to $20 on the shirts to keep it simple. If you pre-ordered, you have a credit on PP now.

19. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Hey Jerry, it was good to see you in San Diego, and it was challenge to make 130 miles when I kept blowing cooling hoses off.

The old '55 is very reliable but also quick, 355ci, 2.02 Valve Double-humps, .510 lift cam, early vette intake, headers and Muncie 4 spd. and 4:11 posi

20. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Yesterday I ran the Route in its entirety and wow does it have some beautiful scenery!

The full directions are posted on the first post and here is teaser photo of our mid way stop on the Salt River.

This will allow everyone to stretch their legs and all the other cars catch up.

21. I'm ready! Shoot, I even wiped some of the dirt off the beast this weekend!

22. Wish I could be there this weekend!

23. cac646

cac646

Is the route going to be published before the weekend? I can't seem to see it

24. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

For some reason I have not been able to upload the directions or any pictures this week????

So I will cut and paste the route here for those want to see it before we run it:

Arizona’s 2nd Annual “Hot Rod Hundred” Reliability Run Itinerary

Registration and Starting Point:

· 9AM – 10AM Open Registration and Commemorative T-shirt sales at Dolphin Pools Parking Lot located at 20635 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85024. Feel free to stop along the way for gas, etc. we’ll catch everyone up at the Mid-way Stop.

· Run Starts at 10am- Depart North on Cave Creek Rd and Turn Right (EAST) on Dynamite. Dynamite becomes Rio Verde Road and dead ends at a Stop Sign

· Turn Right (SOUTH) at Stop Sign onto Forest Rd towards Fountain Hills

· At the next Stop sign Turn Right (WEST) on McDowell Mountain Rd which becomes Fountain Hills Boulevard

· Turn Left (EAST) on Shea Blvd (stop light)

· Turn Left (NORTHEAST) on State Route 87/Beeline Hwy towards Payson

· Take Exit 199 & Turn Right (South) on Bush Hwy towards Saguaro Lake

Mid-way Stop and Catch-up Point:

· Water Users Recreation Area is on the Left- midway stop for restrooms, stretching, and catching up all cars

· Continue on Bush Hwy Going South/Southwest

· Take Usery Pass Left (SOUTH) this becomes Ellsworth

· Take Hwy 60 East towards Globe (Be in Left Lane for exit)

· Take Left on Main St towards Historic Superior (buckboard café on right as you turn)

Final Destination

· Porter’s café is the Red building on the Left at corner of Main and Lobb across from the VFW. The Patio is reserved, have some food, refreshments and relax, you just completed the…

2nd Annual Arizona HOTROD HUNDRED Reliability Run

25. gonmad

gonmad

Looks to be a blast men!! Tell a friend!!

26. Brentphx

Brentphx

How long did the route take you on the test run? If I can join sat, I may have to turn back towards town once we hit the 60 due to time

27. cac646

cac646

I think I'm going to have to wuss out. I don't really want to have a 4 hour drive back home in the rain Sunday

28. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

The route was about 106 miles and 2 1/2 to 3 hours start to finish one way, but for me it will be about 200 total to get back home......no big deal and it should be dry all day Saturday.

need louvers ? likes this.
  29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Holy Crap! Good thing I checked this post tonight instead of tomorrow, 'cause I was sure this was Sunday! Unfortunately, the radiator in the 'Bucket decided to merely retain part of the water it's supposed to hold earlier this week, and hopefully the "repairs" that are currently drying will stem the tide a bit and make tomorrow feasible.

If all goes well, I'll see everybody tomorrow!

30. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

DON'T FORGET THE CAMERAS...

why am I yelling?

kidcampbell71 likes this.