Register now to get rid of these ads!

292 Yblock flywheel pic's or if interchanges with?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobbyD, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

I have a ad for my '46 coupe listed here on the HAMB and have had several good bites do I'm pulling the "dummy" motor and putting the brand new one in the car so it can be fired up.
    There is a question in here,I promise and here it is, during my daily trips to the chemo center I had some close friends haul some stuff to the crusher for mr and they got a little carried away and hauled the flywheel for my 292 off to the "land of never see it again:mad:) along with about 20 other flywheels and bell housings. I need a pic or 2 or casting-part#, interchange ANYTHING! I need to get this together so any help would be of much help. The motor and trans are out of '59 F100 if that helps. bell does have mounting "legs" or tabs on it so I'm sure that truck parts.
    I have one flywheel that looks to be the right bolt pattern andit is neutral balance but the center hole is to small for the crank flange, 223 6 banger maybe? Soebody please shed some light on this please!

2. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Nobody got a pic or link to a site with more info? I've been thru the nomal y block sites, no luck.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Mctim64 has been a big help so far, heres a few spec's I've come up with and a few pic's of the difference between what I think is a 223 wheel as opposed to a know for a damn fact 260 'wheel thats out of my 4 speed falcon.
    Crank flange measures 2.125
    Flywheel ID for yblock? 1.925
    It is drilled for a 10 1/2" PP
    I have a 260-289 'wheel that the id is 1.730 on it and the bolt spacing is all wrong for the yblock crank.
    I have a thread going on this I'm going to add a couple pic's to as I can't figure it out here. Thanks again for all the help man!
    In the pic's the 223-yblock 'wheel is on the left with the stepped up face on the back, the other is the 260-289 with no step up and a ID bore of 1.730

Attached Files:

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I have a couple spare known y block flywheels if you need one, shipping would be a bastard though...

5. I'm trying to figure it out but the Y-Block and the six of that family (215-223-262) all have the same bolt patern and center. 2 1/8" 260-289-302-351w and the 351-400m are 1 3/4" along with the 240-300 six and the 144-170-200-250 sixs. Those V8s are externally balanced and will have a weight on them as in your picture. The Lincoln Y and the FEs are 2 1/2". So I'm not sure what you have there with a 1.925" hole. Maybe someone else can help. I too have many flywheels, I'd send you one for shipping.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Tim ,, let me know how much to ship one to me and something for your trouble, I'm in dire need here. Let me know and I'll paypal the funds out to you asap. Also going to send you a PM with ore info. Bobbyd