Register now to get rid of these ads!

'29 Model A pickup estate sale find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammeredcoupe, Sep 4, 2008.

1. turdytoo

turdytoo

A car like this will put you in stitches just hearing other people say, " If it was mine, I would........" Neat truck, Congrats.

2. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Nice score. Very cool ride. I agree, for now, gas it up and go as is. As times go by you may change a thing or two. :D

3. And again, and again.

Hey - any chance you could crawl beneath the rear and take some shots of the wooden blocks that the bed sits on - mine are all missing...

Keep the four and see ya in the Banger monthly threads I reckon!

4. slammed

slammed

Nice, nice purchase! Your plan's for this pristine survivor? This thread is yet another reason the H.A.M.B. is such a wonderful place to visit.........

5. brewsir

brewsir

Flathead V8 C4 dropped axle with juice brakes and drive it....but I like the sound of a flatty.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Definitely.

7. JAWS

JAWS

I feel inspired!

Now to go get that model a coupe I've been eye'n.

Good score on your truck. Enjoy it like we know you will.:D

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Good for you Tim! Nice score....
    I love estate sales.....but how'd I miss this one????:( I usually hear about all the good one's in the Tacoma area.........haha!
    What other stuff was there?

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Dig up all the history books and old mags you can find and look at the support trucks everywhere in the pits at the lakes and drags...that's the look, and your truck already has it!
    In my memory, when I started noticing old cars in the '50's and '60's, the '35 wheels were on virtually 100% of the Model A's.

10. Low Fat 38

Low Fat 38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norton,Ma

The37Kid, I had done a search a while back and in Rod &Custom found Custom 1929 Model A Tudor. Chassis Engineering axle and spindles ,mated to MT Car Products 40 brake kit. Another article was Bringin up the rear on a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor. Install of the Lincoln rear brake kit, gain by MT. Both very good. I'm not keen with MT master cylinder. I like how Cris installed his in the Coupe project. Check his posts out.
    mike

11. burger

burger

Ditto!

Ed

12. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Bruce,That's exactly the look I'm after!Thanks to everybody for the input,(except the one suggestion that I sell it) lol. It looks like juice brakes,a mild drop to lower the stance a bit,and warm the banger a bit is the direction I'm going.I'll post some pics later on. Tim

13. hot rod wille

hot rod wille