Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 cabriolet roadster fire wall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skottyknukkles, Jan 6, 2009.

1. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

so i good friend of mine was in a bind. he bought a pretty rare car and couldnt find any aftermarket fire walls. the cowl is a 29 ford cabriolet. its flush and much different than the narrow 29s. and different than the 30-31s. where the tank was became an empty void. rather than make it two piece and choppy like the original i came up with this. let me know what you all think. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

looking clean and functional.

3. Has a stock feel to it. It works, good job.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That tank was a standard 28-29 tank like on all the open cars and closed cars except fordor sedans. It mounted under that skin and the tank neck stuck up through that hole in the top with the rolled up edge. There was a fibrous pad which surrounded the fuel filler neck and gaurded against spillage and squeaking.

5. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

the tank may have been standard how ever there were no filler plates available to fit this model cowl. compare it a standard 28-29 and there is a big differance.