Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 283 ID. Never seen this.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mitchell Rish, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Oh I remember that place. My uncle worked for Caterpillar and lived in Alpine Village.. He worked with a mechanic called Skip who had a real nice looking 40 Ford with an injected Caddy mill and a hydro built by local Swanee..
    There used to be a lot of real fast cars out through there and Turtle Creek..
    There was a place out there that had a big race track for those little slot cars.. I used to go there..
    You remember the Jaggers and the Clark Race show. My cousins used to dance on there a lot. One time they had the dance on the roof of the studio..
    That area used to be so nice and it still not too bad.. You grew up in the best times, I'm a tail end baby boomer at 64.. Pittsburgh was such a happening place back then. Its still the city of firsts, but it's computers now, we are known as the silicon valley of the east..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm from Turtle Creek. I'll look for your Pontiac, if we ever get out of this Hong Kong Flu.

3. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Oh ya, good old Turtle Creek...

This Chinese flu is something else.. I have five distant family members that died from this so far, that said, they were all ready pretty sick..

I'm from the Lawrenceville section of Pittsburgh.. I moved from the city once I started having children, then grandchildren.. I did go to Connelly Trade School for electricity back in 1977...

Here's a pic of Sears lot back in the good old days.. The City of Pittsburgh motorcycle cops used to come down were we raced and race us using there Harleys LOL.. Then we would give them a beer and they would go back on duty.. This was 1968, we all stuck together due to the riot's..

Sears Lot 1964 2.jpg Sears lot 1964.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    kevinrevin likes this.