Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 28/9 Model A sport coupe header question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coreythompsonhm, May 28, 2021.

1. coreythompsonhm

coreythompsonhm

Made a big change up in what I am building. I was chest deep in trying to create patch panels for the Tudor rear quarters as they were severely rotted. Wanting to get going a little faster, I have decided to look for rear quarters for a sport coupe as I have really good closed car doors, door posts, front quarters and tank.

my question is what pieces do I need above the windshield? I already have the steel header panel and visor, I know it needs wood. Is there anything else that goes up there for the top to attach to when closed?

thanks in advance!

Building this as an early post war hot rod.

2. railcarmover

railcarmover

3. coreythompsonhm

coreythompsonhm

Ok, so what I am seeing is the metal header panel, wood, then is that a separate metal piece on the leading edge of the wood, above the visor?

reason I am asking is I saw this panel on mikes a fordable https://www.mikes-afordable.com/product/A174DS.html

I have never put a model a together so I’m searching the hamb as much as possible for info. I just got the service bulletins book in the mail, will probably pick up the green book soon. Any other book that will be good for Model A body info?

4. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @coreythompsonhm, I have a sport coupe project that I'll be putting up for sale soon. You could take a look at it to see how this all fits together; maybe even buy it for the parts you need (it will be cheap). I'm just 30 minutes north of you.

Send me a PM if interested (hover your cursor over my avatar and click "Start Converstation.")

5. coreythompsonhm

coreythompsonhm

Thank you, PM sent!