Register now to get rid of these ads!

'27 T Rolling Frame Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RetroSteel, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Here are some pics taken today between snow storms of our father & son '27 Ford T Sedan project. Home made frame with 12 inch kickup in the rear & 4 inch in the front. WheelBase is 107 3/4 inches. Suicide mounted SoCal chromed & drilled 4 inch dropped straight axle with Buick drums. 9 inch Posi Ford. 383 SBC. Turbo 350, Sanderson headers. Wheel Vintique 8 & 5 inch wire wheels. Diamond Back whitewall radials. Double whitewall on the front. '32 headlights. Body has a 3 1/2 inch chop & 4 inch channel with lots of cool custom tricks. All the work so far was done at home. The next set of pics I post will be of the body in gloss black sitting on this chassis.

Have a Happy & Healthy 2009!

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      137.6 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      137.6 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      138.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      144.2 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      110.4 KB
      Views:
  2. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

NICE! Got a pick of the body?

3. Beautiful work! I'm sure with a frame like that the car will be killer.

4. Jeez, I was reading all that, and couldn't help but think maybe I was reading a commercial. Looks fancy, keep it up.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

As curator for the Houston Museum of Auto Art, I am going to have to request that you NEVER cover that frame with a body.:D

6. rick finch

rick finch

Very, very nice:cool:

7. alteredimage

alteredimage

Very nice work.

8. These pics were taken last year when the '27 T was preassembled. We are currently getting the body ready for paint. Since these pics were taken we have made quick removeable fenders. The rears (11 inch modified chopper fenders) mount to the rear end axle tubes. For the front front, we will be using 7 inch modified rear bobber fenders, also quick removeable. It will be nice to have the option to run with or without fenders!
    (That is my sons homebuilt '35 Ford pickup in the first two pics. Running a 3/4 race '52 Merc Flatty and S-10 5 speed to a Ford 9 inch all on Air Ride! )

Attached Files:

9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Thats a nice looking roller. Great base for a nice ride.

10. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Here's one that I was building a couple of years ago. I never finished it, though. I ended up selling it because the further I got into the build, the more I realized I wouldn't fit in it. LOL

[​IMG]

11. bob hindman

bob hindman

W.b. 107.5????????

12. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

If you're asking about mine, it was STOOOOOPID LOOOOOONNNNG. I had a guy weld the chassis ( I suck at welding ) to 117". I was going to run an inline 292 in it and still wanted that 'digger' or altered look to the front. After seeing it rolling, I didn't like it. It was too long. I was going to shorten it quite a bit, but sold it before I did that.

[​IMG]

13. Hey Bob, we reversed the stock firewall and installed a short water pump with a 3 1/2 inch rad. Remember this T has a suicide front end so it is in front of the grill shell thus the longer wheelbase. As is, we have 3/8" from the front pulley to the electric puller fan and aprox. 1/2 inch from the stock distributor (with Pertronix) to the firewall. Wanted to use a MSD distributor, but did'nt have the room. MSD is much taller than a stock distributor. Will still use MSD Cap, rotor and sparkplug wires.
    It is a tight fit to say the least!

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Very nice!! Can't wait to see it with the body on. Keep us posted.

Frank

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks very nice!! What headlights are those?

Malcolm

16. Hey Malcolm,
    The headlights are repo '32 Ford that have the park/turn lights built in. They sit on heavily modified original '32 Ford headlight stalks. Using these, we don't have to run additional lighting for park/turn signals for a cleaner look, but the main reason is.... they look killer with the parklights on!:cool:

17. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

man that T sure looks good!!! nice job

18. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

very nice and clean chassis. keep it up looks good guys.

19. Jamin

Jamin
    from Australia

Beautiful work, very nice.

20. Took some pics today of our father/son '27 T Tudor project.

Making his own jig my son built the frame. Homemade 16 gallon fuel tank with sump and internal baffles. It will be mounted inside the body behind the seats and will have a cover over it and the battery. There will be a power shut off underneath the rear of the body and also remote battery posts (seen in pic) for winter trickle charging or in case of needing a jump start.

[​IMG]
    My son is using 2 inch stainless steel tubing. We made some stainless collector flanges so he could tig weld the tubing to it.
    I get the job of polishing! :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    We are using 2 inch Stainless Steel Mufflers. Because the '27 is unregistered currently and will have to be inspected to get insurance, we are making sure the scrub line will pass inspection. It will have full tailpipes and 5 inch exhaust tips also. All the hangers will be homemade stainless.
    [​IMG]
    You can see in this pic everything is tucked up high. The body is chopped 3 1/2 inch and channelled 4 inches,so the frame will not be seen.
    [​IMG]
    Using a stock distributor with a Pertronix kit.
    This T will have full fenders. (easily removeable) We have built the rears out of 11 inch chopper blanks and they look killer! The fronts are 7 1/4 inch rear bobber blanks that we modified and currently are building the mounts. Once again this is for the vehicle inspection, but it will be also nice to have the option of running fenders!
    [​IMG]
    Cool 1927 California plate! :cool:

The Tudor body is now ready for paint (gloss black) and I will post some pics when we get it back home. We will color polish the paint between clears also. We have decided to go with a white top for a traditional look.

21. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

dude...that has got to be one of the cleanest looking frames i've ever seen. Evreything looks so symetric. Nice job!!!

22. blackout

blackout

Very sanitary.

23. That is soooo damn cool. Super clean work.

24. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

I give this build a thumbs up. i hope i can build a t sedan like this someday

25. Hey retro steel, can you post more pics of the rear end and how its set up? Sorry for the demand. Im building a 27 tudor as well. Its also my first rod , so Im trying to do everything right the first time.

26. gold5000000

gold5000000

nice skull i think i will go with the mack dog tho

27. Hey '56, I'll try to post some pics tomorrow for you, if possible. What stage are you at with your '27 T build?

28. ratster

ratster

nice build. goodluck with your sanderson headers, they crack on the welds

29. hey retro steel, Im at the collecting stage haha. I have the 27 tudor body chopped 7 inches, 1964 galaxy 390 fe hipo motor, pretty lumpy cam, 6 carb edelbrock manifold, so cal customs finned valve covers, lime works speed shop polished steering column and wheel, 1955 t bird rear end thats not going to be able to handle haha, model a grill shell.

I have a bunch more stuff that I didnt list. I should be picking up the frame soon. I just am low on funds so I posted a bunch of stuff for sale. I will try and post pics for you guys of my car.