Register now to get rid of these ads!

27 T roadster dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedwagen, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Does any body have the dimesions of a 1927 T roadster body.
    I am planning a rear engine roadster for Bonneville, and need some dims to help determine if I can get the mill and trans axle stuffed in a 27 T.

Thanks for your help
    [​IMG]

2. :cool: Is this what your needing?
    If not, PM me with what your wanting, I have a '26

Attached Files:

3. Thanks Grump, that will get me started!

4. tj

tj

Speedway catalog also has dimensions that may help you. If not I have a body in the shop and can pull any measurements you need.

5. Looks like my engine tranny combo will fit in the 27 T O.K. !
    I currently have a rear engine set up, but will turn things around to make it a mid engine. The rear engine modified roadster class requires that the engine be in front of the centerline of the drive axle. I have a 2.0 subaru hooked to a transaxle which seem to fit the T just right. lookin for 179 mph from the combo

Thanks guys for your help, now I need to find someone who wants my VW funny car body, so I can get the car turned into a roadster.
    [​IMG]

6. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

Do you have any pictures of this chassis? It sounds interesting. Is it N/A or turbocharged?

7. The chassis is a Speedway T chassis with a VW torsion unit welded to It.
    Its a N/A engine for the time being. A Blower comes along after we get the other problems sorted out.

I nabbed a 27 Body last week, so now things are moving along for the redesign :)
    RCCR_ASSY_PICS_004.jpg

I need to measure a metal 27 to get the dims across the body at the bottom of the door. This is something that the rules require you to have in your build info for the tech guys at Bonneville. If any body can measure a steel body for me I would appreciate it

The rear engine modified roadster class was done away with years back, supposedly because they were short wheel base cars that got to many people on their head. They have re-established the classes of this style car, except with a 140" wheel base min

Here is a cool old school rear engine roadster, I think it was called the "Black Widow" :eek:

Glen-card.jpg

Here are a couple links to the story of the Speedwagen if your interested in our story along the way. I hope you catch Salt Fever from it!
    http://speedwagen.blogspot.com/
    http://carmelsaltcar.blogspot.com/

8. GuyW

GuyW

I'd love to see dimensions on a 27 as detailed as these:

Attached Files: