Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 roadster on deuce rails

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PINEAPPLE, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Nice build thanks for sharing!

2. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

JW, man I hope so, I've had this pile for so long,started and stopped so many times. I gotta get some completion on this.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

4. Pace yourself, you don't want to burnout. But please don't stop. JW

5. Looks like a great project. I'm subscribed.

6. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Hi, I'm a couple days late for my update.Better to be days late then 2 years late though. I managed to finish rebuilding the driver side door jamb / quarter panel area, hung the doors and futzed with the fit a little. Final fit up of the doors will happen once the body is bolted to the frame and shimmed. I stitch welded the seams that connect the center panel to the quarters of the cab as well as the connection at the wood rail mount area. This stiffened up the cab an appreciable amount, I will be adding more internal structure in the future, however I was very impressed with the results from this simple move.

bb.JPG aa.JPG h.JPG

7. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

I ordered a panel for below the decklid from howells. It's a nice piece, however its 3/16 too long. It may not look too bad, but my original was ripped and battered to hell. I unskinned the framework, repaired the cracks,bends n such, welded a couple seams and mocked it all up. I'm going to narrow the panel to fit better tomorrow. I don't yet have a decklid, although it appears if I leave the panel wide, the deckilid gap will be tapered . q.JPG n.JPG c.JPG

Stogy and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  8. that's dang sexy
    very cool

9. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

10. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

11. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

That's about it at the moment. Here is a couple shots of something different then sandblasted steel. I am going to use 39 ford tail lights and a yankee plate mount/light combo. A shot of the completed transmissions, both 36 boxes with late gears and syncros, all new bearings,thrust washers and syncros. I built 2 to have a backup and it was easy enough to do 2 at the same time. A shot of the engine, you can see the new valve seat, below that was a small crack that showed in magnaflux, I had it stitch lock repaired and pressure tested. Block is machined within .005 of finish, it will be torque plate honed to finish when I'm ready. m.JPG d.JPG e.JPG

12. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Thanks very much to all who keep looking. Kinda boring at the moment, but it will get fun soon enough. One more.. f.JPG

13. Boring...I don't think so...just wish this was in my shop instead of yours.

sko_ford likes this.
  14. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

15. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Looks good Matt.
    Can,t wait to see it on the road

16. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

WiredSpider thanks buddy! Ive got a ridiculous goal of driving this thing to bonneville this year. we shall see.

17. Im just jealous how all you find these original 32 frames
    dang it!

18. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

takes a watchful eye anthony... Then once you get one, you realize how much easier the asc rails would make your life.. cheers bud!

Stogy likes this.
  19. have used the asc rails at work
    nice and clean
    I just like the look of all the factory holes and x members for some crazy reason

20. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Awesome car. Love the button you found in the kick panel.

21. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

I agree Anthony , I like original Ford if I can find it. Not sure where you stood on that. However, I would drill asc rails to original on the sides if I had too. These rails had every hole welded up, as well as some newer holes welded up. Then all the damage from life over the years. Happy to find ford if i can.but asc would be fine too.

22. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

23. Fantastic work! So glad to see this one cooking again!

24. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

25. Looks like the Kansas/Kansas City crowd is still following. Thanks for posting your build.

26. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

27. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

28. Ha, Ha Fat chance of trading for one on my deuces...But I would like to build one like what you are building....I am looking for a 28 or 29 roadster body...just in case some one out there in the mid west has one laying around.....

29. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Cant blame a guy for tryin'. Ha.