Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '27 Ford build thread...Plan T!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClutchDumpinDan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. thats a cool ride!!!! im build my 26 as a topless t. i found mine in a pasture here in oklahoma. it ha been laying upside down for 40 years and the rust bugs ate the top off. im glad i ran into your posts it helps with how to build the floors in old rusty.

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Not sure how i missed this before, great project, I'm also building a 26T but keeping it stock height.
    Look forward to the updates Dan.

3. oj

oj

I'd like to run 4 individual pipes over the frame, coming back and down. Something like the black '31 Ford that Circle City Hot Rods did but with a few more bends.

My only problem is that I haven't been able to find somebody that will let me park my car in there shop and use there mandrel bender for a few days while I make a huge pile of scrap. If you find someone who meets that description, let me know! :)

I don't think you'll find a shop with a mandrel bender, they are kinda rare. Swing up one day and i can show you how and we'll make the headers - actually that would be a good subject for one of the classes, if i do them again - we could likely knock a set out in a weekend.
    Lookin goood! oj

4. Murch

Murch

Looks awesome, I especially like what you did with the pedals and steering column, keep up the great work!

Murch.

5. I love flat-top Ts, and Nailheads.

6. Nice work! Feel free to post some shots on the "Who's building a T" thread. Assuming you don;t mind sharing. We've got quite a few T builds on there. Great build. Gotta love those three pedals.

7. If I get any taller I'm gonna have to go topless with mine too!

Thanks Langy! Your T build thread makes me want to burn my car :eek::D

So you think a box full of bends and weld it together is the way to go then? PLEASE tell me your gonna do some more shop gatherings, I had a great time and learned alot. I promise the browines will get there this time ;)

Thanks Murch! It's alot of work to get that extra pedal in there, I think it'll be worth it though.

Mmmmmm Nailheads :)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I posted at least one pic in that thread. I'm really looking forward to getting it on the road, soooo many other projects going on right now though....it keeps getting pushed to the back burner.

8. Man this is nice.

9. dude this is SO COOL!!!