Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AndersF, Oct 17, 2015.

  1. brad2v
    Joined: Jun 29, 2009
    Posts: 1,608

    brad2v
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

    I have the same lathe, haha.
     
    greaser and AndersF like this.
  2. AndersF
    Joined: Feb 16, 2013
    Posts: 623

    AndersF
    Member

    Finally some update to show.
    This have dragging out forever but it was a bit more involved then i first thought.
    I started with the floorpan behind the seat where i allso wanted the gastank and battery to be.

    [​IMG]

    Next task was to cut the tank to fit with the battery. I allso needed to relocate the filler.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Then i bended up the supports for the tank and massaged them around to fit.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Then i could weld them to the floorpan.
    I allso needed to make a hole were the bottom pan on the tank is.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    But when i testfitted it all i got interference problem with the backrest against the tank.
    So i did some cut outs for the exhaust in order to move it all backwards.
    Then i found out the bends on the exhaustpipes differ a bit betwin the sides.
    I had to take the drivers side down and reshape it a bit to gain another 7/8 backwards.
    All this made my floorpan about 1-3/8 to short but started with plenty to remove.
    But i can now tilt the backrest to where i want it to be.
    Made some tankbands and brackets with reinforcements to mount the tank.
    Allso made a batterybox in sheetmetal as a extra protection betwin the tank and battery.
    That needed to be bolted. I am not sure i can put the tank in and out otherwise.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  3. goldmountain
    Joined: Jun 12, 2016
    Posts: 954

    goldmountain

    Looks like we are following the same basic plan.
     
    AndersF likes this.
  4. MMM1693
    Joined: Feb 8, 2009
    Posts: 419

    MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

    Nice work Anders! I don't know if I could weld seams on a fuel tank anymore. Looks good!
     
    AndersF likes this.
  5. AndersF
    Joined: Feb 16, 2013
    Posts: 623

    AndersF
    Member

    I problaby going to cheat and lead the welds to be sure they dont leak.
     
    26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  6. Sounds like a good plan!
     
    AndersF likes this.
  7. Just read througgh all this - great work man. Getting closer to the first drive.
     
    AndersF likes this.
  8. Dogberg
    Joined: Dec 30, 2017
    Posts: 7

    Dogberg
    Member

    Jag hittade just en rolig tråd att ägna lite tid, har bara börjat kolla ännu men uppskattar verkligen det jag ser!
     
    fiftyv8 and AndersF like this.
  9. fiftyv8
    Joined: Mar 11, 2007
    Posts: 4,728

    fiftyv8
    Member
    from CO & WA

    Or in English; I just found a fun topic to devote a little time, have only begun to check yet but really appreciate what I see!
     
    Dogberg and AndersF like this.
  10. AndersF
    Joined: Feb 16, 2013
    Posts: 623

    AndersF
    Member

    Thats are a accurat translation you did.
    Do you read swedish or did you get right with a translationprogram?

    But this bump come just in time for my next update.
    At the techinspection i got two issues on my rearsuspension i had to fix.
    First it was the spring that bottomed out and second the placement of my shockabsorbers.
    When i mounted the spring i mesarued it and added for the hangers.
    It all looked good until i put it on the floor. Then the spring bottomed out right away.
    I belived it was my spring that needed to get its arc back so thats was my solution.
    But the techinspector sad i had the mountingpoints to close together.
    A google search tell me that they where 6 inch to close together for a stock model A spring.
    So i relocate them and welded them back.
    Now my springspreader really had to work to get my spring in place.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    The problem he saw on my shockabsorbers was that they where to close together and mounted to high.
    He was afraid it could make the rear to feel funny.
    So i had to find a thin absorbers that fit betvin rearaxle and spring.
    I found one but had to remove the dustsheild to make it work.
    Then i mounted them on the bracket for my lower 4-link and just inside the frame on my crossmember.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Becouse of the high arc on the spring it got alot lower now when it got spreaded out.
    Actually 4-inches. Its way more then i can chims up so next was to rebuild my crossmember.
    It still needs to get the sides capped and finnishwelded but i getting there.
    I added about 1-inch on the rideheight for the spring to settle.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    brEad, Tim_with_a_T, Dannerr and 2 others like this.
  11. To only have those two things to fix for Cert was rather good and that you have fixed them without much hassle is really cool, well done to you. :cool::cool::D JW
     
    brEad and AndersF like this.
  12. AndersF
    Joined: Feb 16, 2013
    Posts: 623

    AndersF
    Member

    Have a few things more to look at but overall it went rather smooth.
     
    Dannerr and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  13. fiftyv8
    Joined: Mar 11, 2007
    Posts: 4,728

    fiftyv8
    Member
    from CO & WA

    I wish that I could read Swedish.
    No, I used the translator program.
    What a great tool that is for the world these days.
     
    Dogberg, AndersF and 26 T Ford RPU like this.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.