Register now to get rid of these ads!

26 Buick nail strip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NudeAutoMall, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Looking for the proper name of the nail strip that holds the pieces of metal together to the wood on a 1926 Buick, ie the beading along the trunk sides of a coupe, nailed over top of the exterior sheet tin. Or if anyone knows a source for such?

2. Squablow

Squablow

Tack strip. Talk to an upholstery shop that does convertible tops, they should have replacement stuff. I've used rubber moulding strips in the past, rivited to the steel. Holds a tack well and doesn't decompose.

3. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Hey,Ive got a "26" Buick! You got pic.s?

4. Thanks Squablow, but this is metal, about as malleable as led but as lite as aluminum, my guess is probably just the purest aluminum that I have ever worked with. nails are mostly rusted off though. This is a seam that I usaly see welded, this one is nailed; holds the rear quarters to the trunk section...

Hi thewishartkid Keeping a photo diary of her up on the Mall (non adult), sorry. Been slacking on the updates though. Working on the doors right now, they samwiched the wood in there pretty good, bit a chalenge to get it out, with all the termite dammage, in enough of a piece to use as any bit of a pattern. Part time project, the owner can only afford a hundred a week.

Don't happen to have an extra driver side headlight around in poor condition that you can come off of cheep?