Register now to get rid of these ads!

26-27 Roadster bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doubledawg, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I'm ready to start my next project and I want to build a 26-27 roadster. Can anyone recommend a supplier of really cheap glass body shells? I'm gonna be cutting it up to make some modifications so I will do all my own reinforcing/wooding. I'm up in Canada so shipping is gonna be a killer as it is so the cheaper the price the better.

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

27 Ford Roadster Body - Roadster Body Fiberglass Body Street Rod Body Streetrod Bodies

Copy and paste this on the subject bar. I was just there, they have a stock size '27 roadster shell, (with turtledeck, 1 piecs) for $995.
    They also have one that's 3" wider...(yuck) for a couple hundred more.

3. 117harv

117harv

Here is a cool little T glass roadster, on an A chassis, it's for sale on the Ford Barn. The add says it's a Westcott, and the doors open. I kind of like it, maybe lower the grille and paint the inside of the body.

Attached Files:

4. Lower the grill shell and upholster the inside of the body, add a hood and shazaam. ;)

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

For the money Speedway bodies are pretty good. My 27 was bought from them over 25 years ago and has held up very well.

Don

6. bobw

bobw

We built one using a '27 body from Unlimited Fiberglass in California. Lowest price we could find anywhere.

7. Bart78

Bart78

For the price of some of the glass bodies why not buy a real one?

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Lots of reasons, but primarily because the steel ones you find need tons of bodywork and not everyone is a bodyman. If it weren't for fiberglass bodies a bunch of cars that are on the road would never have existed. The average home hobbyist is able to work with fiberglass with very few tools and skills.

Don

9. Bart78

Bart78

That's true I just figured sence they were prety cheap and easy to find might be better off. An old guy at church is a big tri five Chevy guy and told me he picked up two of them about thirty years ago. Says he don't like fords but got them cheap. I keep trying to get out there.

10. If the tri-five guy doesn't like fords, will he sell to you? I got my T roadster FREE! And spent about $400 on patch panels...May get going on that again this winter.

11. Bart78

Bart78

I think he will I just need to find time to go out there. He allso has a old 30 coupster that someone built way back. But he Has a shit load if tri fives and 67-69 camaros. With it cooling off I am going to try to buy a bunch of future project over the winter while there are no snakes.