Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '25 T Roadster Sports Rod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Kid, Nov 14, 2015.

1. OK, OK, more ! more!

2. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Paul (kiwi tinbender) sent me some old Bonneville decals for the roadster. The top just cracked into a zillion pieces as soon as it started soaking off the paper. Saved as much as I could. The bottom one came off no problem. I love them!
    Anyone who looks the car over will realise its a new build. I don't like fake patina on cars, I like earned patina. I will not pass this off as a survivor car (this build thread nixs that!!) I also realise it may piss off some people as the car didn't earn the right to wear them. I don't mean any disrespect for those who work hard to run Bonneville. I am running Wilmington in 20 days. I just love them!! Thank you so much Paul for your generosity.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.
    decal.jpg

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

If you have any more old dried decals, give them a dust coat of Aqua Net hair spray. (or any that is still lacquer!)
    Another 'dust' coat, (very light) after the first one dries completely. Third VERY THIN coat, (not wet) and let dry.
    Now you can immerse in lukewarm water, and slide off carefully. Finish with dampened sponge.
    CAREFUL is the word here...

4. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Mike....Good advice. I had not tried that. Stewart, only too pleased to contribute. If I was closer, I`d be round to help....Now get going!!:D:D

5. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

In 13 days this needs to be on the trailer ready to go as fast as it can. Should I be worried?
    Scared sh1tless or excited, they have the same bodily sensations, I get to choose which one I am. Not sure what I feel. Had to put a forward down tube on the roll bar, and a corresponding hole in the tonneau. The engine was fired today at college, I go to pick it up tomorrow. Down to the wire!!! Plan is to have it driving in 6 or 7 days time, which would leave a couple of days "testing" on some quiet straight country road. Wish me luck!
    Cheers,
    Stewart. thumbnail_IMG_20160915_175407360.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  6. Good luck Stewart! You've got this!

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. charlesf

charlesf

I got a room at the Hampton. See you in Wilmington if not before.

Chuck

8. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Best wishes Stewart! You can do it!

9. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Has Julie decided to stay home? Looking forward to seeing you.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Keep us posted, Stewart!!! Wish I was there...

11. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

Was talking to Chris at the VHRA's GOW , mentioned I'd seen your build and he only tells me he's just back from visiting you, and sure enough there he is in post 237!

So here' a photo of 3 generations about to go up the Prescott Hill in a Banger A

[​IMG]

Loving this build, and good luck at Wilmington.

AHotRod and chriseakin like this.
  12. metal man

metal man

You've got this. I'll see you there, or near Columbus we can meet up on the way down.

13. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Yeah, and he's coming to Wilmington as well. Time he got his own private jet! Very cool picture. I'm sure there's a third generation Rodder there, if Dan (or Chris) has anything to do with it!
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi ya Kid.Looking good.God bless ya.Please keep the updates coming."His own private jet?"You hanging with the "Gold Chainers"now:rolleyes::p?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

loudbang likes this.
  15. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

This bugger is fighting me to the wire. Had a no spark issue. Eventually traced it to a bad (reman) distributor. Got one coming tomorrow. Needs to be on the trailer in 6 days. It will not beat me!
    Been about 11 months between pictures. thumbnail_IMG_20160922_115212325.jpg IMG_1678.JPG
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  16. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

image.jpeg 2 bum-puckering moments in 2 days.
    Yesterday I had to cut a hole for the carb in the hood top that Clark made for me. It was like having him peering over my shoulder!
    Then today I cut out the hole in the hood side for the exhaust.
    Pretty pleased with how they turned out.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

17. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Stewart, it's looking great.....

18. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Thank you. It's been a hard slog but it's nearly there. It's kept my hands and mind occupied, which has been a good thing.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

19. millersgarage

millersgarage

you know that un-aerodynamic air cleaner is going to kill your top end.....

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  20. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

This thing already has the aerodynamics of a barn!
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

volvobrynk and millersgarage like this.
  21. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Nah, won't hardly notice it. But it may want to pull to the right a little.

Love your little hot rod.

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  22. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

It will even up my head being stuck out in the breeze :).
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

loudbang likes this.
  23. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

24. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Great update! Now we need the Test Drive Video!!:D:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Test drive tomorrow or Sunday. It fired today, I needed the boost, it's been fighting me the last few days. It the most pissed off sounding 4 cylinder I've ever owned. 11:1 compression and high lift cams did it !
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

26. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

OH YEAH !!! Sorry, got a bit carried away there. Rapt for you. Now we need black marks to go with the Video ! :eek::D:D

27. Hope you make it to the Mile, and I hope to see you there.

Charlie

28. millersgarage

millersgarage

well, let's hear it!

29. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Absolutely love the roadster!! Great build thread----Ideas on a track roadster that i sure never thought of!!! Much less, ever had the ability to do. So, what and where is Wilmington? I'm not very aware of the racing availabilty offered unless it would be vintage trials or hill climbs. Is there a web site or race coverage venue available? I'd like to know more info on the engine trans set up. I saw where you said the drive train was not necessarily HAMB friendly, i think the whole process, drive train and all is HAMB friendly. Please let us know how this all works out. Bill Rinaldi

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Major setback. Everything on the list has been checked except adjust the clutch. Poor design on my behalf doesn't give me enough cable versus pedal travel. Those of you who followed the build on the Locost site may have seen how I made the pedal box as an assembly on the bench, then welded the whole assembly into the car. Getting the assembly out would probably mean destroying it. I need to move the pivot point on the pedal higher and then remake the supporting bracketry. Physically getting into the space to work is almost impossible.
    So pissed with my own bad design and I've run out of time, stamina and energy. This bugger has nearly beat me, I'm nearly ready to accept defeat. One last ditch attempt first.
    Buggershitfuckpisswank. I'm going back out to the garage to attack the adjustment bracket with a grinder before accepting defeat.

volvobrynk likes this.