Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2018 Can Go Straight To Hell...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sorry your team lost, I didn't have a dog in the race but that was the best football game I've seen in a long time. The NFL could learn a lot from that Rose Bowl. I hope for you and your family the rest and the best of 2018. It will be what you make of it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. toml24

toml24

My sister just got an diagnoses of a torn meniscus and a fracture in her right knee, requiring arthroscopic surgery, then she had to spend hours of time on the phone with the insurance company trying to clear up some sort of insurance problem. Then, our refrigerator crapped out. Got the new one today. That sucker better work for the next 25 years. Then tonight, honest to goodness, a family member was in a minor train wreck near San Diego. She's OK, as well as everyone else. Other than that, 2018 has started off just fine. Happy New Year!!!

F&J likes this.
  3. redo32

redo32

Tell me about Bowl games. The Pac 12 was a miserable 1 & 8. My pump controller is a $30 pressure switch, which I replaced a couple of months ago after 20 years. Is your well a mile deep with a 20hp motor?

4. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

Keep your chin up! The storm will pass.

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Ryan, hope the remainder of the New Year treats you much better.

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bummer. Here's hoping things improve pronto! BTW that was an all-time classic game :)

7. Jesus man, please tell me your daughter pulled through?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

F&J likes this.
  8. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

upload_2018-1-4_9-32-33.jpeg

Do you need one of these? Cost about $30 and 30 minutes to install.

wicarnut likes this.
  9. belair

belair

Hey Ryan-you didnt say, but it wasnt an oil well, was it? :confused:. Hope everyone's on the mend by now.

Outback, F&J and catdad49 like this.
  10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Reading this, I was not going to add insult to injury, Mike51Merc hit it on the head, IF your plumber/well guy charged more than 1 hour labor + travel time and $60/80 for part, you've been ******. (been there, done that)I have had well/septic homes for 48 years, learned a few things along the way on all home repairs, buy some books, well/plumbing problems (majority of ALL home repairs) are easy fix's (some PIA) IMO. Best wishes for your kids recovery, (our children's health and well being are what make us guys have gray hair/no hair)(wait till they start driving/dating) saw some of my grandchildren at Christmas, some didn't show because of Flu bug, it's in full force here in Wisconsin. Into each life, a little rain must fall, but the sun will always shine tomorrow. Happy New Year To You, Your Family and Fellow HAMB addicts.

catdad49 likes this.
  11. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I, too, hope your daughter fares well. My dad would have said that the ordeal would "build character" and she would be tougher for it.

He also would opine that "It is always darkest before it gets completely black". Whatta guy!

Mark me up for a beanie, as well.

F&J likes this.
  12. Damn, I hope things perk up for the Cochran family. My year is starting out ok. Not stunning, but ok.

13. 5window

5window

Nothing else seems as important when your kids are sick. Hope everyone and everything gets better soon.

14. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Talk about surrounded and out numbered.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. 5window

5window

Yeah, but who really wants to see Alabama and Georgia? Auburn beat them both, and UCF demolished Auburn. Let's just declare them the champions and go out and work on cars.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Ryan.Wishing the best for your daughter for a quick recovery.Seems like the old saying"When it rains it pours".However,in your case it should read"When it rains it MONSOONS".Wishing you and yours the best in the new year.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Good luck having any modern appliance last 25 years! LOL

19. k9racer

k9racer

I am from Alabama and I could care less about football. I have cars and that is about all I care about. But for everyone who is having trouble I hope that all will be better in the near future. Good Luck........... Bobby

20. I forgot to have children. Hope & she'll be better.

F&J likes this.
  21. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

its 110 deg f here tomorrow, you guys need drop by.

22. F&J

F&J

Listen...There is something seriously wrong with you TeJans!! Oil well??! geez..dude!! lol

but the cut to the daughters face is the really bad thing here, the rest is kinda "nothin"..in my eyes..our loved ones who are in our homes with us, are the "big one", always will be... rock it on! ...

5window, catdad49 and belair like this.
  23. rab71

rab71

Really? It can always be worse. My dad has been diagnosed with cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. belair

belair

Soooo... you don't have an oil well? :D:eek:. I agree, F&J, it's about the ones we love. However, I am reminded of the story about the Texan and the Kentuckian. The Kentuckian was tired of the Texan bragging about Texas, and said "You know, we have so much gold in Fort Knox that we could build a fence around the whole state of Texas! What do you think about that, Tex?" The Texan thought about it for a minute and said "Tell you what friend, you build that fence, and if we like it, we'll just buy it." And full disclosure, my wife's parents have an oil well on their ( now our) property- it produced about a quart of crude, and that was that. But we did get this cool sign to hang on the fence.:rolleyes:

25. F&J

F&J

Listen... lol... I have a slight issue with lyme causing some head games...many local peeps here say that I am "a quart low"...so,.,, um, er...save it for me..?..and the"crude" part fits me quite nicely! ..(hey, at least I;m Soooo happy now!) My daily broke down a week ago, drivers permit expired then too....but I went for a nice relaxing ride yesterday in a blizzard.. see my new avatar! Rock It, I shall!

oh, you (big likin' Texans), you keep those big EF 5 tornados , OK? I took a direct hit here with an EF1 in 2013.. Loved the rush of it, no lie!.. but no way I want a EF2! ...HarleyContracters 32 smammed 5w highboy was in the bay that took a hole through the roof!! It is hammered enough!! Lol

catdad49 likes this.
  26. belair

belair

Yeah, those tornados are scary. But your winters are no picnic. I missed being killed in a tornado in 1968 by about 3 minutes. Also survived the big earthquake in Anchorage in 62. Stay warm, buddy.

Outback, F&J and catdad49 like this.
  27. 5window

5window

You know, there's now a campground right on the water's edge on the bay in Seward. You can park your camper practically in the water. Good thing natural history never repeats itself!

F&J and belair like this.
  28. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope Ryan doesn't set anything on fire ! DAMN, did I just say that ?

29. Got's to get better...hang in there ! The calendar was some of the swag I bought the great nephews and great nieces for X-Mas......Rik got some luv too !