Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 DETROIT AUTORAMA.. Goin', Showin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, May 4, 2012.

1. Even if you have to walk !!!:D
    Ron

2. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Gene Winfield will be chopping a top in the basement this year during the show.

3. That will be worth the price of admission alone. I just hope its not my car .:eek:
    Ron

4. I wish it was mine.

5. Wow....that is the kind of thing that will have us all telling stories and sharing pictures for many, many years. :D

6. Hey Mark , Where have you been ?
    Ron

7. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Hi Ron... look forward to seeing the T again

8. Looking forward to being there again with the Ghost Rider Roadster . It's going downstairs this time and I think you will like the way it will be presented. I do love this show and all the friends Myles and I have made there. Bring it on !!!
    Ron

9. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

IMO--That quality of car should be upstairs Hell,that's Ridler material!!!

10. Thanks Gary but it's just a nice ( I think) little old car I built in my shop with some very good help.
    Ron

Attached Files:

11. Any idea if he will be doing any classes during the week leading up to Autorama or if he would consider doing one? I would love to participate in one of his classes, just never seems to be one close to us.

12. 661-824-4728

http://winfieldscustoms.com/

13. Ask him at [email protected]
    Ron

14. Then post the answer here.

15. unfortunetly I have a work space and no car to work on unless you want to see him do patch panels on my 54 and "touch up" some of the old custom work !!!!, and not enough of the tools we would need i.e english wheel, sheet metal break, shrinker stretcher, to really learn something ( it's snips, metal pipe to beat on, wood bucks for shaping, etc for me ). I am sure we might be able to come up with something "big" to work on, but that person would probably have to suck up much of the cost to have a legend work on their car I assume?. I'm thinking a top chopping or a section job, gotta be "all in" with this opportunity. Would there be a victim? would there be enough interest to pay for it , could we find a shop with the required eqiupment?

16. 93chevy55

93chevy55

hoping to get my truck this year almost made it last year but day late and dollar short

17. My son Myles took this shot in front of Cobo in 2011 when we showed the "Ghost Rider Roadster" for its first show. What a fantastic time we had and we really appreciated the warm weather, Rudy ordered up for us . Talk about going all out !!!:D Can't tell you how much we are looking forward to doing this again in March !!!
    Ron

Attached Files:

18. Hey last year I drove my f100 down with the windows cracked and a sweatshirt!! ya never know what will get in this place that time of year. I like the palm trees, talk about attitude adjusters!

19. Very happy to report that I made our hotel reservations today at the Holiday Inn Express. One step closer...Yahooo !!!:)
    Ron

Attached Files:

• S.jpg
      S.jpg
      File size:
      370 KB
      Views:
  20. The flights are confirmed :)
    Ron

Attached Files:

• P.JPG
      P.JPG
      File size:
      476.9 KB
      Views:
  21. My son , Myles recently finished the great new show card for the roadster and I thought you might like a peek at it.
    Ron

Attached Files:

22. Anymore updates on the Winfield happening downstairs?

23. Gator

Gator

I'm gonna try and talk a few of our guys in to making the trek up again this year - had a blast last year.

24. Please do...... I got floor space... we are gonna do a little deal this year so we have a hang out spot all weekend

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

Definetly going on,... they had sort of rough car to chop, but found a better example of the same car,... so he will be making sparks on that one instead. Matt B and I sat with Gene at the "Circle of Champions brunch" (which will be replaced by something else this year) last year,... looking forward to seeing him again,... Gene is a first class guy !

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  26. meester_jamie

meester_jamie

Well,, because of the fun I had downstairs...It is exciting to me to see what you folks can dream up and make into works of art!

I started to encourage others , and so for the last 5yrs.. I have booked a Deluxe Highway Coach to bring people from Hamilton, Brantford, Cambridge, Waterloo and Woodstock, London areas to Detroit Autorama. I noticed some of you are from the area.. and might be interested in a comfortable ride.. or know a friend you could pass this on to..

Remember, some years the weather sucks,, and the traffic to the parking can be difficult, so we take care of the driving, the parking, you can sit back and shoot the breeze with a bus load, or just listen to the others BS...lol Also, you can get in to meet and greet some of the hot rod personalities in a private function for Bus passengers. more info http://www.globalserve.net/~jrivers/Autorama2013.html

Thanks!
    Jamie

27. meester_jamie

meester_jamie

I sure hope it is happening Saturday afternoon! I was at show where they did this.. and they ended up delaying the project so they could please a lot of folks,, they did 1hr fri, and another sat, and another sunday.. and it sort of sucked because you didn't see it all unless you hung out there all weekend.

I guess the same thing applies if you go fri, and they are doing it sat... sigh..

is there more information on this event?

Thanks
    Jamie

28. 01Dudley

01Dudley

So some of Tn folks have got together and rented a bus to go to Autorama. 1 day trip. Leaving old Oak Ridge Mall at 4am Saturday March 9. Fingers crossed arrive in Detroit around 1pm. Bus is pulling back out of Detroit at Midnight just in time to get us all home for church on Sunday. $100 covers seat, meals(subway sandwich party tray on bus), adult barly pops, and ticket to Autorama.

PM if any of you Kats are interested. It would be nice to meet more hotrodders / hambers in our area.

29. .

Gotta long way to go, but we will be there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, it is going downstairs...

30. Who would have though a fiberglass 5 window could be so cool! It will look even better when the S10 chasis goes under it with the TPI small block